2. Revenge?

"No

"No. I don't want to have revenge on him."

Li Yan might be a weak cannon fodder. He is super stubborn one.

Feng Nan asks, "He tried to kill you. You didn't want to kill him? What are you? Stupid saint?"

"The Chairman position should have belong to him from the beginning. Senior brother is the most powerful one in our Sect. No one works harder than him."

"Stupid. Moron. Timid. Weakling. Idiot. Lame. Useless."

Li Yan doesn't look insulted at all. As if those words meant nothing to him.

He adds with a smile, "Cannon fodder. The Chairman's shameful offspring. Nothing new. I've heard them all in my past."

Feng Nan is silent.

He asks, "You really let him go? Just like that?"

"It doesn't mean I could kill him if I wanted it. He is the strongest cultivator I've ever known. My late father respected him a lot..."

"Weak..."

Li Yan chuckles. The demon still tries to hurt his heart by spouting insults. He doesn't know Li Yan grow up hearing those words. He doesn't feel bothered anymore.

It's the truth. He is a weakling. A cannon fodder in Nine Clouds Sect.

If someone passed by, that person would be terrified. There are two voices coming from the same person. One of them has clear cheerful voice of a young man. The other one has deeper hoarse voice.

Feng Nan protests, "Who patched you up? Me! I had to crawl and found the herbs for your wound. And you didn't want revenge..."

"Thanks for your help, Feng Nan."

The demon is helping himself. Not for Li Yan's sake. If this human died, the demon died too.

Something went wrong when he tried to possess him. Their souls have merged and entangled into one.

Feng Nan snorts. He folds his hands. Well, actually they are Li Yan's hands. The demon has some controls of the human body. He couldn't do it if Li Yan focuses his mind and stops him.

Li Yan unfolds his hands.

Feng Nan asks, "What are you going to do now?"

"I'm a free man now. Time to see the world."

Suddenly his belly rumbles.

Feng Nan asks, "You mean see the nearest food vendor. How much money you got?"

"None."

"What? How could you be so stupid?"

"Hey! I didn't plan to travel at all. I was just catching a bunny for my..."

His words falter when he remembers her. The only woman he has loved for his whole life. Fifteen years isn't a short time.

Feng Nan asks, "Finally. Will you kill him now? He stole your fiancee too."