10. Demon Hunt

Inner chamber of Divine Sword palace

A young woman is sitting in Lotus position. Her face is beautiful although her eyes are filled with cold murderous intent. Her eyes dart to the bed.

A middle aged man is still sleeping soundly. He is a handsome fellow despite his age. He must be quite stunning in his youth.

She rubs her sword.

A slit to his throat. That's all it's needed to kill him. Too easy. He doesn't deserve a merciless death.

Maybe her murderous intent has awakened him.

The leader of Divine Sword Sect is already at Saint level. His eyes flutter open the moment she has made up her mind to kill him.

He yawns before he greets, "You are here, Yue Fei?"

"Yes, Father."

He sneers. He knows what has been brewing in her head. Yet he pretends not to know it.

Thirteen years ago, he brought home a little girl from a ruined village.

The whole village got purged because they were descendants of demons.

Li Yue Fei was the single survivor from that village. She was only six years old when her parents and older brother was killed in front of her eyes.

The murderer is the one who she has to call father. The leader of Divine Sword Sect, Lord Wu Di.

He really reflects his name. The meaning of his name is without any match or peerless. No one could have matched his prowess fighting skills. He has already attained Saint Level despite his age.

Wu Di yawns again.

He orders, "Demons have been attacking humans again. Go and prepare for departure. We shall leave in an hour."

"Yes, Father."

She grits her teeth before she leaves the Inner chamber.

Wu Di smirks. She has planned and failed to have her revenge for years. He counts in his heart. The time is almost ripe. He has kept her alive for a good reason. It's almost time for her to repay his kindness.

He stretches his hand. A sword flies to his hand immediately. All the inner disciples in this sect carry a divine Sword. It was forged in ancient time. Only eleven divine swords have escaped destruction in the past.

He touches his sword, Zheng Ya. It has been years since she drank blood of his enemies.

This time he would personally participate in the demon hunt.

Li Yue Fei is returning to her bedroom when she encounters a handsome young man.

She bows slightly when she greets, "Young Master."

Wu Shuang raises his eyebrows in showing his dislike.

He scolds, "Yue Fei, you are my father's adopted daughter. You should have called me brother."

No reply from her. She just leaves the spot.

Wu Shuang shakes his head. She has acted cold toward others since day one. It must be hard to see all your family members and acquaintances were killed by demons. It's a fortune that his father passed that village and saved her life.

He goes to office to continue his work. He won't be joining the demon hunt. His father has left him to handle the sect during his absence.

Yue Fei looks back when he has gone.

Wu Shuang is the most talented man in his generation. They said he is just like his father. Wu Di's talents has been well known since his younger days.