14. Learning to craft

"Li Yan, you have to learn crafting. You got the perfect soul force for it."

It's the hundred times the Fifth Elder has been nagging him. Li Yan couldn't take it anymore. He decides to flee from him. Not easy to loose someone who has higher cultivation than you.

The Fifth Elder catches up with him too easily.

Li Yan pleads, "Stop, Elder. I don't like to learn crafting or alchemy. Too tiring."

Fifth Elder's neck veins are bulging out of anger. He has never seen a lazy disciple like him since the day he joined this sect. Still he hasn't given up hope yet.

He asks, "Don't you want to buy something precious? Weapons, pills, manuals and etc."

"Elder, I choose to live in peace. Not trying to be the strongest man in the world. Pills and manuals, I don't need them. I already got a sword."

He is really a man without any ambition. It's such a waste.

The Elder almost stomps his feet like an angry child. He grits his teeth and could feel blood in his mouth. Li Yan is too talented. He could easily make someone angry to death.

He inhales a deep breath and counts to ten.

Finally he is calm enough. No more intent to kill this lazy man.

The Elder asks, "Don't you need points to buy something?"

"Well, maybe tasty foods. I don't want to speak ill. The kitchen should have cooked better foods."

An idea flashes in the Elder's mind.

He asks, "You love tasty foods?"

"Yes. Sweet and sour. Spicy foods. I used to eat a lot of varieties in a week. Not bland porridge."

"Would you like to eat tasty foods with me?"

Li Yan's eyes are shining brightly like a kid offered candy.

"Really?"

The Elder nods his head.

He explains, "I'm a good cook. I could make any spiritual dishes. Unfortunately my work kept me busy."

Li Yan is silent. He is no fool. He knows the Elder is trying to lure him with foods.

He says, "Elder, you tried to bribe me with foods. I'm not a small boy anymore."

"Too bad. I'm quite famous for my braised pork and lamb muttons. Oh, don't forget my special stew. Even the Sect Leader kept begging me to cook..."

Li Yan gulps. He is dying to eat good foods. The scale in his mind is tilting to one side. Lazyness VS glutonny.

Finally he sighs.

He says, "It's just work, right? I shall help you to craft items. You should reward me with tasty foods, Elder. Everyday."

"Deal. What kind of foods do you like?"

"Sweet and sour fish. Chicken wings. Spicy crab..."

Li Yan kept spouting foods and makes the Elder's eyes widened. This guy is a true glutton. It isn't easy to satisfy his demands.

The Elder coughs.

He says, "I'm not used to cook such foods. Let me look up the recipes first. I shall cook you a tasty meal tomorrow. Something I'm familiar with."

"Okay."

"Rise early at dawn and meet me in the smithy. We shall craft basic items first."

Li Yan nods his head enthusiastically. Finally he could something else.

After the Elder has left, Feng Nan mind links him, "You dug your own grave. Just for foods."

"I'm dying to get tasty meal."