19. The Prisoner

Li Yan holds his head. He stares around him. He is trapped here. The ravine walls are too steep and slippery to climb. He couldn't understand why he is here. The last memory is a vicious woman kicked him down into a ravine.

Feng Nan mind links him, "Are you okay? Could you move?"

"What happened?"

No response from Feng Nan.

Li Yan checks himself. He only suffered minor injuries despite the fall. He remembered Feng Nan kicked the ravine wall during the fall to prevent crashing too fast to the bottom of the ravine.

Li Yan mind links him, "Thank you."

No response from him. Li Yan checks the bag. It's empty. No sign of Lin Zhou.

He asks, "Where could she go?"

Feng Nan is silent.

Above the ravine, Duan Yu Yang asks, "Are you sure he could save the Chief?"

"No."

"Why did you send him?"

"No other choice."

(Duan Yu Yang)

(Duan Yu Yang)

He is silent. He could only stare her. She is a strong and stubborn woman. She would stop at nothing to rescue their Sect Leader. Even if making a deal with a demon.

Ling Xiao's mind drifts to few minutes earlier.

She almost killed that Cannon fodder. His sword has fallen from his hand. Until his fighting style completely changed. He kicked her foot and then he grabbed the sword again. He used his left hand to wield it. His moves became deadly. They ended up in stalemate.

Demonic aura.

That's her only clue to know this guy is possessed by a powerful demon.

She offered, "Demon, let's make a deal. You helped me. And I shall help you."

Feng Nan was silent.

He scoffed and then he asked, "What could you possibly give me?"

"How about freedom? I could help you kill this man."

"No. If he died, I died too."

"I could free you from him. If you rescued our Sect Leader. He is trapped in the bottom of a ravine. One must destroyed the arrays before he could be rescued."

No ordinary demon could rescue him.

No demon cultivator could get near the arrays. The Fiery Sect has lost too many talented disciples when they tried to rescue their leader in the past.

Only people from immortal Sects could approach the deadly arrays. Someone like Li Yan who has never learned demonic cultivation in the past.

That's the only reason Ling Xiao kicked him down. A cannon fodder like him has served his purpose when he rescued their leader.