18. The unluckiest day

Zhao Yang would have forced him to practice to his Doom day. Li Yan immediately takes a quest when it appears on the Quest list. At least he would be away from the Sect.

The senior brother looks disappointed when Li Yan told him the good news. He shakes his head and chuckles.

Zhao Yang says, "I just couldn't understand you. All those great potentials. Yet you are satisfied with being a weakling."

"What could I say? Life is too short. We just have to enjoy it while we can."

Li Yan picks up Lin Zhou and puts her on a special pouch with multiple holes so she could breath easily. She could see easily from the holes. Li Yan made the bag after he lost her in the last mission.

He waves his hand before leaving with few sect brothers. They are going on a quest to gather herbs in Beast mountain.

It is supposed to be a simple quest.

Three days later...
They have been running in a circle in the woods. Demon beasts kept attacking them.

A disciple complaints, "Why is this happening to us? I often went here to gather herbs. The beasts have never been fierce like this."

"I know, right. It's like something or someone really pissed them off."

All their eyes are glaring at Li Yan. As if he's the one who summoned the beasts to attack them.

Li Yan defends himself by saying, "Don't look at me. I'm injured too."

The youngest disciple, Yong Xian says, "Brother Li Yan might be having bad luck. That's all. He doesn't mean it."

Li Yan squints his eyes. This fellow looks young and innocent. His words aren't as simple as it seems.

 His words aren't as simple as it seems

(Yong Xian)

Yong Xian joined their Sect half a year ago. He said his master died when they were travelling. He passed the test smoothly so he was accepted along with other juniors.

Li Yan is putting bandages on his arm. Beasts have sharp fangs. Yong Xian sits down next to him. He starts to wrap other wounds on Li Yan's leg.

Li Yan is silent.

Yong Xian says cheerfully, "Senior brother kept saying you have excellent talents. Unfortunately you are too lazy to train harder."

"Zhao Yang isn't a human being. His training could kill anyone."

Yong Xian chuckles. Li Yan is a super lazy disciple. Most disciples don't understand why the Master and Zhao Yang seem to care for him too much.

"Beasts!"

That's what the disciple could yell before he has fallen under it's claws. Li Yan dodges and attacks the beasts that tried to eat him for lunch.

In the end they have to run for their life.