5. Villainess

Men kept on rushing into a small courtyard in a mansion at the edge of the city.

"More dumb cannon fodders," comments a person standing alone in the middle of the courtyard.

She is dressed like a man. She isn't exactly a pretty woman. Just average one. Her phoenix shaped eyes are specially bright showing her smart brain.

One slash, one victim. None of her movements has missed her targets.

Dead bodies are scattered beneath her feet. Blood has splashed and tainted her outer white robe. She doesn't seem to care about it.

Li Yan is sitting on top of nearby wall. He is watching the great show. At first he got worried for the single fighter. One against so many foes. He got worried for nothing. It's clear none of her foes could hurt her.

A sneak attack from behind.

Li Yan yells without thinking, "Look out!"

The woman dodges it by bending her back backwards. Her flexible body is almost like a bamboo branch. She bends into amazing angles. She kills her foe easily by stabbing his chest.

Li Yan claps his hands as an applause when she is the only one left standing. All her foes have been killed.

He jumps down from the top of the wall.

She points her sword toward him. He lifts his hands to the air immediately.

Li Yan smirks when he says, "Don't kill me. I'm just an innocent bystanders."

"I'm supposed to believe that. You must be one of them."

Li Yan glances at the dead bodies. He has never left the Sect before in his life. He shakes his head.

He comments, "I'm positive I never met them in my life."

He kneels down and closes the eyes of the nearest corpse with his hand.

He prays, "Don't haunt me. You don't need them anymore."

He takes their purses and other valuables from the dead bodies after praying for them.

She mocks, "Aren't you afraid of their ghosts?"

"I'm much afraid of getting hungry. Ghosts? I could make talismans to chase them away from me."

"They were disciples from righteous sects. You aren't afraid of persecution?"

Li Yan smiles brightly to her.

He asks, "There is no one here but us. You kept my little dirty secret, I kept yours. We will both be happy."

"I have a better solution. A dead man can't wag his tongue."

She attacks him with agile movements.

Li Yan steps backwards. His foot works are very weird. Unpredictable. He avoids her attacks easily.

He only stops when he is quite far from her.

He says, "Hey, I won't interfere with you. Just leave. Let me take their money."

"Thief."

"At least I will have a full belly."

She wipes her bloody sword to a dead man's shirt. She puts it back into it's sheath. She leaves without turning back again.

Li Yan exhales. It's a good thing he has mastered Cloud Nine moves. It's especially used to avoid attacks.

Feng Nan mind links him, "Why I didn't know you could flee like that?"