20. Secret Haven

Three months passed too quickly. The Elder kept stealing his food. So Li Yan has no other choice. He makes extra share for him. If you can't beat a guy, be friend with him. It's a simple motto which kept him alive.

The Elder bites a roast fish.

He comments, "Not as tasty as the Turkey. When are you going to make one again?"

"It seems Turkeys have gone extinct. We have to eat other beast."

"Humph."

This guy is grumpy. He leaves after he finishes the fish. He returns few minutes later with a small cage.

He explains, "Wait till it grows up. We could grill her later."

"Lin Zhou! Release her, you dirty old man!"

"What did you call me?"

A strong murderous intent instantly suppressed him. Li Yan could feel his life is hanging on a thin thread.

He immediately says, "It's a big misunderstanding, Elder. She is my disciple."

"Humph. You couldn't even protect yourself. How could you receive a pupil? Total nonsense."

Li Yan scratches his head.

He persuades, "I will make tasty foods later. Just return her to me."

The Elder throws the cage to him. Li Yan immediately releases poor Lin Zhou. She chirps wildly.

Li Yan puts her back into the bag before the Elder changes his mind.

He scolds, "Don't wander off on your own. You nearly got cooked."

She chirps as her reply.

Li Yan rubs some blades of grass on his pants. He stares the older man.

He asks, "Elder, do you know how to get out of here?"

"Impossible. A killing array would block our path. Ruining our mind."

"Take me there. Maybe we could find something..."

"Impossible! Impossible!"

Suddenly the Elder starts to chant repetitive words again, "Chaos is the start of everything..."

Li Yan immediately sits down to cultivate. His Dantian sea is in total chaos as usual. The chant is going to kill anyone who hears it. The Elder's mind isn't very stable. Sometimes he would go berserk and chant the words with murderous aura spread all across the Valley.

Li Yan spurts out some blood when he could no longer handle the pressure. Feng Nan knows both Li Yan and Lin Zhou couldn't take anymore pressure. He rubs a jade ring on the right thumb.

Suddenly Li Yan and Lin Zhou have teleported into a different space.

It takes few more hours before Li Yan's condition got better. He finally opens his eyes when Lin Zhou chirps wildly. He rubs her head to calm her down. It's quiet around them. It seems the old man has regained his sanity and stops chanting the murderous spell.

Li Yan staggers back to his feet. They aren't in the Valley anymore.

He asks, "Where am I?"

Feng Nan replies, "Inside another dimension."

"Dimension?"

"Your thumb ring is a key to another dimension. Like a spatial ring, only much bigger space."

They are inside a small room. It has a simple bed and two book shelves. There is only one door. Li Yan opens it. There is a patch of grassland outside. A small pond filled with spiritual water.