7. Ambush!

Disciples from Infinite Mountain Sect are in good mood when they leave the town the next day.

They have failed to win the contest. The winner is Wu Shuang from Divine Sword Sect. He has won the contest in the last three years. Maybe they should banned him from the next annual contest.

They are still happy because Zhao Yang has won against Zhang Zhehan. Folks from Thunder Sect always clash with their Sect whenever they meet in town. It feels good to teach them a lesson or two.

Suddenly they got ambushed. Many disciples have been injured and died during the fight.

Zhao Yang grits his teeth when he fights against Zhang Zhehan. He never expects disciples from Thunder Sect would kill them few miles outside the town.

He has been injured heavily due the ambush.

"You bastard!"

"Stop your whining. You humiliated me. Of course you and your pig teammates must die."

His sword almost pierces him when a stranger defends him with her blade.

"You?"

Zhang Zhehan couldn't believe his eyes. He thought he has killed this bitch many years ago.

Ling Xiao asks, "Yeah, it's me. Do you miss me that much?"

"I'm going to send you to your bastard father."

Ling Xiao is dubbed as prodigy genius among the disciples from Demon Sect. Her skills are far greater than him at this moment.

Zhang Zhehan has no choice but to flee from the spot. Other disciples from Thunder Sect immediately follows him.

Zhao Yang collapses from his injuries.

Ling Xiao leaves the spot without paying attention to them. She hates Zhang Zhehan. She only wants to ruin his evil plans.

Li Yan has followed her out of curiosity. He encounters the wounded Zhao Yang and the other disciples. They would be dead if no one tend to their injuries.

He sighs.

The Chairman from Infinite Mountain Sect is a close friend to his father. He couldn't just abandon them like this.

Feng Nan mind links him, "Stop being a busybody. Just leave."

"I have to save them. Be quiet if you don't want to help."

Li Yan tries his best to stop the bleeding. He tears sleeves from their clothes to use as bandages. Somehow he manages to save five disciples from dying.

Two hours later, Zhao Yang and two disciples regains consciousness. Li Yan is going to leave when Zhao Yang stops him.

"Please, savior. Let us repay your kindness. My Master would love to welcome you to our Sect."

Li Yan only needs to think for a minute or two before he nods his head.

Money from pawning the valuables aren't much. He doesn't want to starve again. If someone is willing to give you free meals, no sane man would refuse it.

Zhao Yang aids his juniors to tend their wounds. Finally they are ready to return home. He notices the small chick on Li Yan's shoulder.

He comments, "Cute pet."

"Yeah. I found it in a forest. Almost got eaten by a snake."

Li Yan is a kind hearted man. Most men would ignore such a useless and defenseless chick. That's what crossed Zhao Yang's mind.