16. Eyes of Divine

Li Yan has gone back to the smithy today after a day of resting in bed. After tasting spiritual foods. He could never go back to eat bland porridge.

The Fifth Elder smiles when he sees him. Li Yan stares the materials with widened eyes. He rubs his eyes.

Why the colors are different? Some iron ores are purplish. Some items are green or cyan blue. Few items are dark without emitting any light.

The Elder asks, "What's wrong?"

Li Yan separates the items based on the colors. The Fifth Elder frowns. He picks few of them and examines them one by one based on the piles.

Finally the old man sighs.

He asks, "How do you know?"

"They looks so different."

"I couldn't tell with first glance."

He points to the dark, without color pile.

Fifth Elder comments, "Junk ores. Useless. You could only create ordinary tools with it. No magic tools."

He points to green and cyan blue.

He explains, "Ordinary ores. To create basic magic tools like fountain pen and other auxiliary stuffs."

He points to the purplish ones.

He says, "Upgrade ores. You could improve magic tools with these."

Li Yan is shocked. He could differ them easily. The Elder has to use his soul force to check the ores one by one.

Li Yan scans his surroundings. His eyes stop at Zhao Yang's dream sword. His forehead hurts a little. Suddenly few written lines seem to flash in his mind.

Meteorite star (50%).

Damask ore (20%).

Orihalcum ore (10%)

The other 20% consists of usual materials could be found in any ordinary smithy.

He asks casually, "This sword is made from meteorite?"

The Elder's jaws dropped.

He asks, "How did you... Not many people know about it. Only the creator, Zhao Yang and I..."

Li Yan is silent. He couldn't tell it's because he could see the ingredients list. People would think he is crazy.

He asks, "Have you known a guy named Wei Yan?"

"The legendary craftsman from ancient time? No one has surpassed him yet. Alas. He never has any successor. They said he died young. Genius never lived until old age."

Li Yan scratches his head.

I chose you to be my successor.

It might not be a dream after all. Maybe he is really chosen one.

Li Yan shakes his head. He rubs his stomach.

He asks, "Elder, when we will go to eat?"

"Soon. I just have to sort the materials into piles."

"Only that? Let me help you?"

The warehouse is filled with materials for crafting. The Elder usually needs weeks to sort them out. It's a tiresome manual labor.

Li Yan just glances at the materials in front of him. He selects them easily by judging their light.

Three hours he has finished the task.

He points to a stack and comments, "Junks."

Another pile as ordinary materials. Only few epic materials are available in the warehouse.