17. I want a weapon like that

Li Yan stares to the black cuisine in a pot. He has seen the Fifth Elder cooked spiritual foods for many times. It's harder than his first prediction. He has wasted a lot of spiritual beast meat and spiritual water.

Cultivators like them don't eat mortal foods. Ordinary ones would leave too much residues in their bodies. Adding blockage to their meridians.

Li Yan is cleaning the blackened pot when he hears the clashing metals sounds outside. He rushes out because this place is far from training Hall.

Zhao Yang is fighting that arrogant merchant, Qi Yun.

The merchant is using an iron fan as his weapon. It's an unique one. It is a defense, attack and auxiliary magic tool.

The wind from the fan boosted fire attacks from Qi Yun's elemental attacks. Zhao Yang is stronger than him. He still has to be cautious about the fire attack.

The fight stops when Zhao Yang got blinded by a shining light. He got kicked back few meters behind. Zhao Yang rushes to fight again.

Li Yan yells, "Stop fighting!"

He looks around him in despair. Half of the buildings have been scorched and ruined.

Li Yan grumbles, "You know how much time I wasted in cleaning? You two had to destroyed everything."

The two fighters are still glaring each others with murderous thoughts.

Li Yan approaches Qi Yun and holds the fan. Qi Yun releases it so Li Yan could examines it.

Few ingredients flash in his mind.

Li Yan comments, "Heaven Gale. It's a good weapon."

Qi Yun is shocked.

He asks, "You know how to make this?"

"Probably."

Li Yan focuses to the list of ingredients in his mind. Qi Yun is impressed. His weapon is ancient artefact from the past. One of the intact weapons excavated from the ruins. He has been hoping to find someone to make a duplicate. No one seems to be able to make one.

Qi Yun asks, "Could you make one like this? The price is negotiable."

Big reward money immediately attracts Li Yan's attention.

He asks, "How much?"

"10,000 gold coins. All the ingredients from me."

That's very generous offers. Li Yan is silent. He stares to numerous chests behind them.

Qi Yun notices his gaze.

He explains, "I brought a lot of good materials to pay the damages."

He nods his head and his men begin to open the chests.

One glance only. Li Yan could see all the items are in good qualities. He nods his head when Zhao Yang stares him.

Li Yan comments, "They are in fine qualities."

Suddenly an image of a weird weapon flashes in his mind. A magic tool which could be used for attack, defense and auxiliary. The list of ingredients are shown too. All the materials are in the chest except for one item.

Li Yan says immediately, "I accept the quest to make the Heaven Gale Fan. Add another condition. Give me five dragon scales. Finest quality. I want to make my own weapon."

Qi Yun nods his head. Dragon scales are rare materials. His men should be able to find them if they went North.

The merchant says, "Give me the list of materials. I want to make another duplicate for my fan."