Chapter 3

"Yes, I promise we'll take care of it. NO, it's not a party!"

"Are you sure? You and your friends seem like party animals and aren't they from there?"

"Jendeukie, do you not trust me? I'm offended, I thought we loved each other!"

"Don't make it weird. It's just that no one ever borrows a beach house and not throw a party."

"I told you, there's only four of us!"

"Four? Did you get a boyfriend? Finally!"

"NO! It's my friend from Japan! And she's a SHE!"

"Okay, just don't break anything. You don't need to worry about cleaning the mess, I have a cleaner come in biweekly."

"I love you so much Jennie."

"Stay safe, ciao!"

Nayeon hangs up the phone and smiles as she goes to Mina's room. She knocks on the door and asks, "Are you ready?"

"In a minute."

Nayeon says, "I told you that you don't need to pack everything! Just a couple of clothes and a swimsuit!" Mina says, "I didn't bring a swimsuit."

Nayeon says, "What? I'm coming in."

"Wait-" Nayeon opens the door and notices Mina trying to hide the bag from her. Mina stutters, "I-I... just won't swim. You can-"

Nayeon interrupts, "Not swim? You have to swim, it's a beach house. What's going on? Let me help you pack." Mina shakes her head and says, "No, it's fine. I can do it myself." Nayeon smirks, "What are you hiding?"

Mina blushes, "I don't know what you're talking about." Nayeon teases, "Mina! I never saw you as the person to have those things!" Mina stutters, "W-what?" Nayeon keeps her perverted smirk, "You know... those toys."

Mina blushes even more and yells, "YAH! That's not what I'm hiding!" Nayeon says, "AHA! You are hiding something!" Mina tries to continue to hide the bag but Nayeon takes it away from her.

Mina panics as Nayeon stutters, "Y-you're bringing.... BOOKS?"

Mina says, "They're for entertainment!" Nayeon says, "These look like textbooks, no way you're entertained by these." Mina argues, "I can't stop studying! You know how anxious I get when I take tests!" Nayeon says, "This is why I wanted this week off. I don't want you to be stressed and buried in your room for your entire stay. Please, just a week with no books and just fun. Mina don't worry, you still have 3 more weeks to study. That's like so many hours and I'm sure you already know most of it."

Mina says, "But books are fun!" Nayeon pouts, "How are we friends?" Mina smiles, "Hehehe, I don't know." Nayeon then says, "But, no books. After the trip, you can do whatever you want. Just one week please."

Mina sighs and nods. Nayeon smiles, "Then let me lend you some swimsuits then you can finish packing. Jimin and Jungkook should be here soon."

Mina asks, "Why do you have swimsuits? I thought you couldn't swim." Nayeon says, "I can still swear swimsuits and not swim." Mina stays quiet not seeing anything wrong with the argument and says, "Okay, I'm picking."

Nayeon says, "Wait, let me pick! It'll be fun." Mina rolls her eyes and says, "If 'fun' is me dressing up in something that reveals too much skin, then yeah I guess it is." Nayeon whines, "Come on! You know I like your body!"

Mina says, "There are gonna be other people there." Nayeon says, "It's just Jimin and Jungkook! Please!" Mina says, "No." Nayeon begs, "Please~ I know I sound controlling but let me control your life for one week! You'll have fun I promise!"

Mina sighs and says, "One week." Nayeon cheers, "YES! I won't make you do anything that'll hurt you physically. I swear!" Mina breaks a smiles, "Okay, okay. Now show me what lame excuse of a swimsuit am I wearing?"

...

Jimin and Jungkook wait outside in the car. Jungkook already texted Nayeon so they're just waiting. Jimin's eyes are glued to his phone and Jungkook tries to glance at it but he's quick to hide the device.

Jungkook asks, "What are you reading?" Jimin says, "Just some things." Jungkook starts to get irritated as Nayeon isn't coming down from her apartment yet. Jungkook asks again, "What kind of things?"

Jimin says, "You know... just something random." A few more minutes and his patience starts thinning. He playfully takes Jimin's phone which causes the smaller to whine. Jungkook reads the screen but doesn't understand it at all.

He asks, "What even is this? Why are there so many numbers and letters mixed together?" Jimin says sarcastically, "Ha. ha. ha. I get it, I'm a nerd. Give it back, please." Jungkook keeps the phone out of his distance and says, "No, I want to know why you're reading about..."

His eyes focus on the title and says, "Pharmacy 101."

Jimin blushes and quickly moves up to take his phone. He says, "It looked interesting." Jungkook rolls his eyes, "Whatever, what's taking them so-"

The passenger door opens and Jungkook says, "Finally! Nayeon, what-" He pauses seeing Mina get in the passenger seat. Jimin glances at her confused while Nayeon opened the backdoor and tells Jimin, "Move aside, I don't want to walk to the other door." Jimin moves aside politely and Jungkook asks, "What took you so long?"

Nayeon says, "Girl stuff, now let's get going."

They start driving and it's in utter silence, well except for the music. Jimin glances to the side and sees Mina's eyes glued to her phone. Jungkook jokes, "Wow, you're like girl Jimin." Mina's eyes perk up confused and explains, "Oh, it's just both of you guys are always on your phone."

Nayeon asks, "Wait, is she reading something?" Jungkook says, "I don't know, I'm driving." Nayeon asks, "Mina, are you studying?"

Mina stays quiet and Nayeon says, "Give me your phone." Mina whines and says, "It's just light reading." Nayeon hushes her, "Nope, no studying or reading. Hand it over, please."

Mina pouts and gives Nayeon her phone. Jungkook laughs, "How are you two even friends? You're so different." Mina giggles and says, "She said the same exact thing earlier."

Nayeon adds, "I'm just likeable."

Jungkook rolls his eyes and lowers down the volume for the music. He asks, "So how old are you? You're definitely not as old as Nayeon."

Nayeon hisses, "I'm only a year older than Jimin!"

Mina replies, "I was born in 1997. So in Korea, about 23 or 24." Jungkook smiles, "Wow, we're the same age. You know in Korea, that means we're friends."

Mina says, "Really? Wow, I thought you were younger." Jungkook smiles proudly, "I get that a lot." Mina giggles as Jimin's eyes can't help but sneak glances at her. He's been silent the entire trip but that's to be expected.

He had his earphones on and was listening to his own music but he paused it ever since Mina started talking.

Jungkook asks, "So why are you in Korea?" Mina says, "I wanted to work here and I knew Nayeon so I planned it out." Jungkook says with emphasis, "Oooh, what kind of work do you do?"

Mina says, "I'm trying to open up a pharmacy." Jungkook's eyes widen once he hears that word and his eyes dart to the rear view mirror where he made eye contact with Jimin. He smirks, "Ahh, that makes sense."

Mina asks, "Huh?" Jungkook smiles, "It makes sense why you're reading so much. Don't worry, you look like a smart person I'm sure you'll get there." Mina blushes, "Thank you."

The rest of the ride was quiet. Mina fell asleep out of boredom because she didn't have her phone. Nayeon also fell asleep while Jimin and Jungkook took turns driving to Busan.