Chapter 7

Jimin and Mina continue to walk as Jimin points at random places and says his childhood memories from there. He then stops walking and Mina looks at him confused. He asks, "Mina?" She hums, "Hmm?"

Jimin says a bit too seriously, "You said you wanted to let go for a week, right?" Mina starts to get worried with his serious tone and nods her head. He says, "Well... I thought of something fun but it might sound stupid... Nevermind, I don't think-" Mina interrupts, "No, I'm interested. Keep going."

Jimin starts off shyly, "Well, ummm.... You said you were always too busy to date and by the looks of it, you'll be even busier for the next few years." Mina nods her head and he blushes as he says, "Well, umm... Want to be my girlfriend for a day?" Mina's eyes widen and she looks at him shocked, "W-what?"

Jimin chuckles trying to hide his awkwardness, "Ummm, you know... We can pretend to date so you can feel what its like to have a boyfriend. But, if you don't want to then it's okay. It's a stupid idea..." Mina says, "No, it sounds fun but... I don't- I don't know what to do or say. I've never done this before."

Jimin smiles, "Exactly, this can be a practice date! For the future! No feelings attached, I just want you to experience it so you won't go years without dating. I'll take the lead, I promise!"

Mina smiles softly, "Okay... let's do it. We'll date for the day. What should I call you?" Jimin chuckles in disbelief as his crazy plan actually worked. He says, "Is Jagiya good??" Mina asks, "What does that mean?" Jimin says, "It's like honey or darling."

Mina holds his hand and smiles, "Okay, jagiya." Jimin smiles and says, "Do you like video games?" She smiles back, "Oh, you know me so well. I love video games." He says, "Well, there's this popular arcade nearby and I wanted you to see it."

Jimin leads her to the arcade and her eyes widen seeing all the games. He says, "Which one do you want to play?" She smiles at him, "All of them." He smiles and heads to the cash register.

"Oppa? You're in Busan?"

Mina's eyes dart to the girl as Jimin smiles, "Oh, Yuri-ah! You work here?" The small girl smiles, "It's just part time. How come you didn't tell me you were in Busan? I should treat you to a meal."

Before Jimin could reply, he felt Mina's arm release his hand and go around his waist. She pulls him closer and he says, "Oh, right. Yuri this is Myoui Mina, my girlfriend. Mina this is Jo Yuri, I worked as her babysitter when she was a kid."

Yuri smiles awkwardly and stutters, "Y-you got a girlfriend?" Mina answer for him, "Yeah, he did." Jimin starts to feel this weird tension between the two and suddenly says, "How much was the all-arcade pass?"

Yuri smiles, "Oh, it's on the house. You barely go here anyway and it'll be our little secret." The younger girl winks and Mina catches it. She interrupts, "No we can pay. I don't mind paying."

Jimin says a bit shocked, "Huh?"

Yuri glares at Mina and Mina says, "It's really nothing." Yuri adds, "I'm just trying to be nice to Jimin oppa." Mina smiles, "Thank you for your kindness, but we'll pass. I want to treat my jagiya for this date."

Yuri was taken aback by the sudden pet name and she whispers, "Two passes are 46 dollars." Mina pays and Jimin says, "Wait, let me use the bathroom." He walks away and Mina slowly approaches the counter.

Yuri says a bit rudely, "How can I help you?" Mina giggles and says a bit seriously, "Listen, Yuri-ssi. I get that you might have a crush on your former babysitter but to him, you're just a kid. So grow up from the fantasy that he'll fall in love with you, he's my boyfriend. Okay?" Yuri gulps and Mina smiles, "So keep the flirting to a minimum."

Jimin comes back and says, "Ready?" Mina turns around, "Of course." The couple walks away from Yuri as Jimin mentions, "You were a bit jealous there." Mina giggles, "Was I? I never thought I'd be the jealous type."

Jimin chuckles, "It was cute." Mina mentions with the same smile but a different vibe, "So when we agreed to me being your girlfriend for the day, I kind of expected that your eyes were only on me." Jimin gulps and says, "O-oh, well yeah. From now on, I'll only look at you."

The two play several games and ended up making several trips to the cashier to get small snacks. Of course, Mina kept her eye on Yuri but for the rest of the date it was all fun and smiles. Jimin got to see all the sides of her. He saw how she acted when she was angry and frustrated when he beat. He got to see when she was at her happiest when she beat him. He got to see her being sad and disappointed when her favorite game was broken and out of commission. He got to see her pure excitement and happiness once she realized her favorite Japanese snack was being sold here.

Jimin never wanted the day to end. He didn't want to stop pretending. He'd had a crush on Mina ever since Nayeon first introduced them and being a pretend couple didn't help him contain his feelings. But disappointed filled him as time went on, he knew Mina was just pretending. He didn't want to believe that she didn't actually love him the way she treated him that day. Mina thought it was just a fun game or a way to let go but Jimin felt like it was real and true.

The arcade was about to close when Jimin was at his saddest. He says with disappointment, "That was fun but we kind of have to go." Mina turns to him losing the happiness in her face. She didn't have feelings for Jimin but she didn't want the date to end. It was the most fun she had in a while. Her eyes then turn to a photobooth and says, "Last one! We need memories for our one day relationship." He nods as she drags him inside.

Mina says, "There are 5 pictures so we should plan it out." Jimin smirks and presses the button and the countdown starts. She yells, "YAH!" Jimin say, "Normal one first!"

The two smile at the camera like a normal picture and it started counting down again. Jimin yells, "Crazy face!"

The two makes silly faces and the countdown starts again but Jimin has no idea. Mina says, "Just look at the camera!" Jimin smiles at the camera as Mina turns her head and kisses him on the cheek.

Jimin blushes as the countdown starts again. Mina says, "Quickly, my turn." She taps her cheek and Jimin kisses it. The final countdown starts and they start to panic.

Mina says, "Kiss my cheek again!"

Jimin turns to kiss her cheek and Mina smiles as she turns her head slightly so they end up meeting their lips.

The final picture is taken and Jimin can't contain his heart anymore. They are previewed the pictures and Mina smiles, "Oh my God, they're so great!" Jimin replies quietly, "Y-yeah."

Mina taps the option to print out two pictures. There was enough space for them to write something on the sides of the printouts and Mina says, "Hmm, I have a good one."

She takes a pen and writes on the side, "Felt more treasured in one day than I ever have in my entire life."

Mina smiles, "Perfect, what are you writing?"

Jimin glances at the pictures of them acting silly and kissing each other. He writes down, "Myoui Mina, my first girlfriend."

Mina blushes and Jimin smiles, "It's late, we should go back to the house now." They walked back to the beach house quietly.