Chapter 9

Nayeon sighs as she sits behind the cash register in her flower shop. It's that time of the day where she was done checking up on all the plants and arranging the ordered flowers. There was at least one more hour until Jungkook and Jimin's lunch break so she just stayed on her phone.

As she expected a quiet end of the morning, the bells to her door rings. She perks up and flashes a smile, "Welcome to Nabong's Flowershop!" In came two young looking girls. They looked like college students and the backpacks on their backs confirmed Nayeon's suspicions.

They didn't hear her welcome and continued with their conversation.

"This is stupid, it'll never work."

"You miss all the shots you don't take."

"Come on, do you really think flowers from a stranger would win any man's heart? You have to play it smoothly."

"I can't just wait! Did you see how hot that waiter was? He probably has millions of girls waiting for him."

Nayeon stands there smiling politely at the girls and they turn to her. The first girl asks, "Excuse me, do you think flowers can win any man's heart? And don't say yes because of business, I need an expert's advice."

Nayeon thinks for a bit and says, "I don't know. I never confessed with flowers before."

The second girl scoffs and says, "I figured, you were probably on the receiving end." Nayeon blushes at the compliments and says, "Stop it~ But I will give you some advice if you want."

The first girl coos, "Please!" Nayeon points at the restaurant, "That one right? Bangtan's Grill, right?" They nod and Nayeon says, "Well, I am an expert in that field. The owner is my neighbor and the two waiters are my best friends."

The first girl squeals, "No way!" Nayeon nods proudly, "Yes, way. Now which one did you say you liked?"

The first girl says, "Well, he's cute. He's handsome. Oh he's the taller one!" Nayeon freezes but keeps her smile. She's talking about Jungkook isn't she.

Nayeon grits her teeth and says, "Ah him. Yeah, I can give you some orange lilies. He loves them." The first girl squeals, "I'll take it!"

The two leave the room as Nayeon rolls her eyes. The next hour passes and she makes her way to the restaurant.

They were all on their break as the lunch rush just ended. She sits next to Jimin and across Jungkook. Her eyes dart to the flowers next to Jungkook. She chuckles, "Oh that's why the girls wanted to buy orange lilies."

Jungkook says, "Right, I was gonna ask you about that. They just left this here and I didn't know what it meant." Jimin coos, "Ooh, they can be admirers. Maybe you can find a girlfriend, college students aren't that much younger than you."

Jungkook scoffs and says, "Whatever, we don't even know what it means. Nayeon, what do orange lilies mean?" Nayeon says, "I don't really remember. I think it means that she hates you and she wants something bad to happen to you."

Jungkook turns to the flowers, "What?" Nayeon nods and says, "Yeah, I remember. It definitely means hatred or disdain." Jimin laughs out loud, "What a turn of events, why would they give you those?"

Jungkook says, "I don't know... I never seen them before." Nayeon says, "You should burn the flowers or throw them out, call me superstitious but it can give bad luck." Jungkook asks, "Shouldn't I just give it back to you, it could be a waste."

Nayeon shakes her head, "No one ever buys those, I was gonna throw them out today but those two college girls insisted on buying them. It's as if they wanted to send you a message." Jungkook stands and throws them in the trash while Nayeon internally smirks.