Chapter 5

Mina sat with a towel around her upper body and a water in her palms. Nayeon and Jungkook were by the barbecue grill cooking up the meat and vegetables. Jimin saw this as an opportunity to sit by her on the beach while staring at the ocean.

He asks, "Is this spot taken?" Mina replies, "Yes, sorry my boyfriend is sitting there." Jimin almost panics but understands that she's joking and says, "Ah, what a lucky guy. But I don't see him around, so maybe I should just take the spot."

Mina smiles and teases, "Ooh, you're playing with fire. But go ahead, don't say I didn't warn you." Jimin smiles and sits next to her. As he sits, he suddenly feels a sharp pain on his bit and he jumps up and winces. Mina giggles and points at the small crab then says, "I should've told you that he gets jealous easily."

Jimin glares at the crab and picks up so its right in front of his eyes. He threatens, "I bet you taste really good when you're marinated." Mina defends it cutely, "Hey, don't talk to my boyfriend like that! He's just misunderstood."

Jimin gently tosses it aside and says, "Well, he told me that I could have you." Mina rolls her eyes and diverts them back to the ocean. He finally sits next to her with his legs splayed out and his hands behind him as he gently leans.

Meanwhile...

Jungkook asks, "Does it taste good?"

Nayeon opens her mouth and he blows on the newly cooked meat. He then feeds it to her and waits for her reaction. She swallows and says, "Yeah, it's good. The rest of the meat should be done soon."

Jungkook flips all of them again as Nayeon asks, "So how did it go with that one girl I set you up with?" He says, "Oh... right, I forgot about her. She kind of didn't show up." Nayeon's eyes widen, "What? Why wouldn't she?"

Jungkook shrugs his shoulders and says, "If I knew, I wouldn't have been disappointed." Nayeon says, "Come on, don't be like that. I get that you've wanted a girlfriend for a while now but not all of them are girlfriend material." Jungkook scoffs, "What's your standard for girlfriend material?"

Nayeon says proudly, "Me." Jungkook snorts and she says, "Hey, I'm serious! People tell me I'm girlfriend material all the time." Jungkook teases, "Then why are you single?" Nayeon laughs sarcastically, "Ha. Ha. Ha. Just because I'm perfect girlfriend material, doesn't mean that every other guy is perfect boyfriend material."

Jungkook asks, "Then what's your perfect boyfriend material?" Nayeon replies with no shame or hesitation, "You." He rolls his eyes and says, "It was a serious question." She says, "No, I'm serious! You're really kind, handsome, and you're fun which is why I'm confused on why you're not dating around more often. The only problem with you is that you're Jeon Jungkook."

Jungkook says, "Well thank you, Miss Perfect Girlfriend." Nayeon bows like royalty, "No problems, Mister Perfect Boyfriend."

The two then focus on preparing the meal.

Nayeon and Jungkook were too close to ever see each other as potential dating partners. Maybe early in their friendship, they would have grown some sort of romantic feelings for each other but as time went on it grew to be a close friendship. They were too distracted to even notice something that everyone saw as the perfect couple. They were both oblivious.

Jimin stays quiet as Mina lays on her back and glances at the sky. She asks, "Are you cold?" He whispers, "A little, yeah."

She then removes the towel around her upper body and Jimin's eyes immediately dart to the sky. She gently pushes him down so he lays on the sand with her. She then puts the towel over both of their chests acting like some sort of blanket.

Jimin says, "Thanks." Mina then says, "You don't talk a lot like Nayeon and Jungkook."

Jimin replies, "Maybe it's because I hang out with them too much so they do all the talking for me." She giggles and says, "Yeah, that makes sense."

Jimin gulps and thinks to himself if he should try to initiate something. So he gathers the courage and asks, "So did you miss any of your friends from Japan, maybe even a boyfriend?"

Mina says, "Yeah, I missed them but I was sort of ready to be separated for a while anyway. We were all into different things so it was bound to happen." Jimin stays quiet as she says, "But a boyfriend... no. I don't want a boyfriend."

Jimin's eyes widen and says, "Are you saying... you're-" Mina blushes and interrupts, "NO!" She starts to giggle and Jimin softly laughs along with her. She says, "It's just... I'm too busy and it's hard to find people nowadays."

Jimin asks, "So if you were to find the perfect person, what would he be like?" Mina turns her head slightly and says, "You know if I answer that question, I expect you to tell me your answer too." He nods, "Yeah, I promise."

Mina looks back at the sky and says, "Well umm... for starters it should be a guy. I really don't mind the age as long as its not too extreme but someone a little older would be good." Jimin's expectations starts to rise. She continues, "He could lead me on because I'm so quiet and shy. I definitely want to share hobbies and interests. I'm not too picky but if it were someone who'd be perfect, it would be someone like me."

Jimin smiles, "Wow, that'll be hard to find. You're standards are really high." Mina giggles and says, "You said perfect so I didn't want to hold back. Now its your turn."

Jimin says, "Umm, I don't think I have a perfect girl. I just want someone who would love me for me, you know? Someone who doesn't care about my status or my poor background. Someone genuine." Mina coos, "Ooh, you're really romantic aren't you."

Jimin just laughs as Mina turns to her side to face him. He panics and turns to his side so they lie face to face. Mina places her hand to fix his hair and says, "I think you'd find someone soon. You're really handsome and kind, at least that's what I think."

Jimin blushes and says, "You're not too bad yourself." Mina smiles softly as she says, "Jimin-"

"DINNER!"

The two look up to see Nayeon smiling. She says, "WE'RE DONE COOKING! HURRY UP BEFORE IT GETS COLD!"

Mina smiles and stands up then says, "I'm starving." Jimin smiles nervously, "Y-yeah."