Chapter 15

A few weeks have passed and they've all been separate. Jimin and Jungkook still worked at Jin's restaurant while Nayeon stayed in her shop. Mina continued to study all day but those phone calls with Jimin stopped. For some reason, he stopped answering them and Mina felt bad about it. But with the Pharmacy Board Exam in a few days, she had to brush those feelings aside. 

Jimin and Mina rarely saw each other. They've only saw each other on Friday's when Jimin would come home drunk with Nayeon on his back. 

Jungkook and Nayeon has been the same. He's been avoiding her since her confession. He felt bad for making her feel that way and wanted to do something about it but he doesn't know what. He constantly stares at the picture of her kissing him and he can't help but imagine what would have happened if it never occurred or if they really dated after. 

Jungkook was confused. He liked Nayeon too but he was scared to start a relationship. He was never confident in keeping them because of past experiences but Nayeon was different from everyone else. That's another reason he was scared, she was precious to him so ruining a relationship meant that he'd never see her again. 

Jungkook groans as he throws his phone at the wall. It's midnight and he was staring at the same photo again. He raises his voice, "You stupid phone! I'll throw you into the GRAND CANYON!" 

Calling Im Nayeon...

Jungkook yells, "NO NOT YOU SIRI!" 

He runs to hang up but she already answered. 

"Jungkook?" 

His heart beats at the sound of her voice. He hasn't heard her speak for such a long time and now that he's heard her, he's addicted. 

"Hello? Jungkook, are you there?" Jungkook picks it up slowly thinking how he's gonna do this. How is he supposed to say that he likes her back but doesn't want to mess up in the relationship.

"Hello? I'm gonna hang-" 

Jungkook says, "Nayeon, are you busy?" She replies, "Well, I was just sleeping but if you want to-" He asks, "Can we talk? Outside?" Nayeon hangs up and Jungkook goes outside his apartment. He walks down to her floor and sees her in an oversized sweater and long pants. It was cold so they were covered in clothes. 

Jungkook approaches her and she asks quietly, "D-do you have an answer?" He nods his head and Nayeon chuckles, "When you said that I should give you time I didn't think you'd wait an entire month." Jungkook whispers, "Nayeon, I don't know how to say this..." 

Her facial expression drops as Nayeon prepares for rejection. 

Jungkook says, "I'm really scared, Nayeon. I don't want to lose you like I lost every other girl I dated. I don't want to mess up and make you hate me like all the other girls that did. Nayeon, I like you but I'm scared. I do want to make this work but I'm scared that I mess up and that mistake would make me not see one of my favorite girls in the world." 

Nayeon's heart flutters and she whispers, "T-that's a yes?" Jungkook nods and says, "But, what if-" 

Nayeon says, "Stop living with the what if's. You won't get anywhere in life if you only think of the what if's. And Jungkook, you seem to forget something." He raises an eyebrow and she whispers, "I'm not like every other girl." 

Jungkook's heart beats faster as Nayeon whispers, "I don't hate you know despite all the shit you've put me through. Why would I hate you later? Jungkook, if you really love me then you'll make sure that even after those mistakes that we'll still be together. Mistakes are part of a relationship and the relationship gets stronger the more mistakes the couple overcomes. Jungkook, I was scared too. That's why I took so long to confess to you but... I love you. I really do and I can't stand another day without seeing you."