Chapter 10

"Surprise!"

Mina jumps as Nayeon and Jungkook smile at her. Mina asks, "What's going on? My birthday isn't till March."

Nayeon says, "Well, we originally planned for it to be a movie night but we didn't think you'd come so late. So a friendly dinner would be good." Mina says, "I can eat a midnight snack."

Nayeon fist pumps, "YES!" Jungkook smiles, "So how was the cafe?" Mina says, "It was good. Not a lot of people and the background music is actually soothing. I focus more easily there too."

Nayeon says, "That's good to hear. So you'll actually be leaving the house." Mina nods, "Yeah."

Jungkook asks, "Did you meet anyone?" Mina says, "No, I wasn't trying to." Jimin interrupts, "Let's get to eating, Mina is probably as tired as all of us many even more."

...

The next few days have been the same. Nayeon continued to keep her crush on Jungkook a secret. Jungkook continued to work hard with Jimin while slowly noticing Nayeon's weird attitude. Mina would spend her entire day studying and studying. Jimin would work with Jungkook and smile at the phone calls with Mina late at night. It was all routine and they were back to their daily lives. Nothing interesting happened until...

Nayeon asks, "Is that enough water?" Jungkook glances at the large pot, "Yeah, should be enough. Make sure to keep the heat at medium for now." Nayeon nods as she adjusts the heat.

Jungkook started teaching her how to cook. He said that she had to get better now that she has someone else living with her and Nayeon took the opportunity to learn the life skill. He's teaching her how to make pasta.

Jungkook smiles, "Okay, now we add some salt, not too much then turn the heat up all the way. We want the water to be boiling hot." She turns the heat all the way up and they wait until the water starts rolling. She says, "It looks hot."

Jungkook chuckles and says, "Now we out these pasta stick things and stir it so it doesn't stick on the side." Nayeon asks, "We just put them in?" He nods and she places the thin rods inside.

Jungkook says, "Now stir slowly and wait. You don't have to keep stirring it, maybe check up on it every now and then. Let's keep boiling it for about 6 minutes." Nayeon nods and she starts stirring it quickly. Jungkook says, "Slower."

Nayeon slows down and he says, "Slower."

She does it again and he says, "No, faster."

Nayeon whines and does it faster and Jungkook says, "Slower!"

Nayeon whine, "IT'S HARD!"

Jungkook sighs and moves behind her. She starts to panic. He takes a hold of her hand and says, "Like this."

Nayeon doesn't even notice the pace he's stirring at. She can only feel his presence behind him. His breathing hits the back of her head while his hand covers hers. Their arms are touching by the skin and his legs were close to hers. She started heating up and it wasn't the pasta.

Nayeon says, "I have to go to the bathroom!" She runs off so quickly that her elbow hits the pot.

"AHHH FUCK!"

Nayeon suddenly turns around to see the pot drop to the ground and the boiling water hit Jungkook's leg. She cries, "JUNGKOOK!"

Jungkook curses, "Yah! Stay back! It's slippery!" Nayeon covers her mouth as her eyes start to tear up. Jungkook says, "Go around and h-help me walk."

Nayeon runs around the puddle of boiling water and helps him to the couch. She mutters, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! I should've been careful."

Jungkook says, "Nayeon, help me take off my pants." She stutters, "W-what?" He raises his voice, "Hurry!"