Chapter 13

"Hello?"

"HELLO! KOOKIE CAN YOU HEAR ME!?"

Jungkook backs away from his phone and looks at the number. Who's this?

"KOOKIE? HELLO? WHY CAN'T I SEE YOU?"

Jungkook asks, "Ahjumma?"

The old lady says, "YOU CAN HEAR ME! I CAN HEAR YOU TOO, SAVE THIS NUMBER! I FINALLY GOT A PHONE!"

Jungkook says, "Ahjumma, you don't have to scream I can hear you."

The lady chuckles, "Oh really? Don't worry, I just wanted to check if this number was right. Once I figure this out, I'll send you a gift."

She hangs up and Jungkook chuckles at the old lady's cuteness. He goes back to his shift and helps serves all the table. Once he finishes, Ahjumma finally sends that "present" of his.

It was a picture.

Jungkook freezes when he sees the picture of Nayeon kissing him. The Ahjumma says, "Send it to your girlfriend, I bet she would love it."

Jungkook can't help but stare. Why wasn't he flustered before? It looked so passionate and real but he knew it wasn't. Did she like me back then? Has it been that long?

He can't help but continue to stare at his phone, he doesn't even notice Nayeon walk in the restaurant.

"Jungkook?"

Jungkook almost drops his phone but he recovers from the shock. He sees Nayeon looking at him shyly. She whispers, "Can we talk?" He gulps and Nayeon says, "I have to get this off my chest, please." He nods his head and she smiles softly.

Nayeon says, "Let's go to my shop, it's more private."

The two go to her shop and stand in front of each other awkwardly. They've never been awkward with each other before, why is it so different? Is it because Nayeon likes Jungkook? Or is it because he knows she likes him and he doesn't know how to react?

Nayeon inhales and exhales, "I was serious about liking you. I don't know why it happened but it all happened after we played pretend in Busan. I don't know, o guess I just realized how good you are to me and how much I always wanted to date a man like you. I know it's weird, awkward, and stupid but Jungkook I really do have a crush on you. I tried hiding it but that only made it stronger.

I started to feel jealous when you talked to girls and I started hating it when you complimented one in front of me. I kept regretting being such a close friend because I knew that you wouldn't see me as a woman. You wouldn't even consider dating me.

This was a hard choice to make because I know it won't ever be the same after now. We'll look at each other different and I don't even know if we'll still be friends. But I like you."

Nayeon exhales after talking for so long and she glances at him. He has an emotionless face and no movement at all. He whispers, "G-give me some time to think. I-I can't right now." She raises her voice, "What do you mean you can't?" 

He raises his, "Nayeon, this is so weird for me! I-I get that you can't control who you fall in love with but I never expected you to fall for me! How would you react when one of your close friends suddenly confess their love? What would you have done if Jimin told you he loved you? Nayeon, this is... I just can't right now. I need time." 

Nayeon's lips start to quiver and Jungkook notices. He sighs and walks closer then places his hand on her shoulder, "Look, I should drop you home-" 

Nayeon pushes his hand away, "No. You don't get to do those things anymore." He asks, "What things?" She says frustrated, "You don't get to lead me on thinking I still have a chance. Don't talk to me once you figured it out." Jungkook says, "Nayeon, that's insane! Just let me walk you home." Nayeon yells, "NO! Only my friends and boyfriend can walk me home!" 

Jungkook groans, "Stop being immature, Nayeon I'm just worried-" 

She says, "STOP! Please... stop playing with my heart. Jungkook, I really like you and I feel like dying right now. I don't know if we'll talk to each other after this so I'm trying to force an answer but I also don't want to force you into liking me. Please... just go and think. I'll wait for you, I promise." 

Jungkook sighs, "Nayeon, I-" She points at the door, "The next words I want to hear from your mouth is an answer. Don't worry about me, I'm fine." He sighs and says, "If you're tired just go home, I'll be in the restaurant if you need help." 

She nods her head and he leaves. Once he closes the door and walks across the street, her knees go weak and she stumbles a bit. Nayeon sits on the chair and finds the nearest water bottle. She chugs it and wipes the water from her lips. She whispers, "He's so hard to talk to." 

Nayeon sighs and looks up the window to see a man staring into her store. He glances at the closed sign and pouts as he walks away. Nayeon was quick to walk out the door and says, "Excuse me! We're opening up right now if you need anything!" The man smiles and says, "Oh, perfect timing." 

He walks inside and Nayeon stands behind the cash register. He approaches her and asks, "Umm, sorry but can you help me find flowers?" She smiles, "Of course, what are you looking for?" 

He says a bit unsure with a giggle, "Hehe, I don't know. This is the first time I'm doing this." Nayeon says in a friendly tone, "Oooh, what feelings do you want to express? Hate? Love? Hope? is it for someone sick? Someone dead? Someone about to be born?" 

The guy chuckles, "I guess I can call it love. Like a love confession but I don't know her too well." Nayeon asks, "Wow, you're bold. I've never met anyone confess to someone they barely knew with flowers." The guy smiles shyly, "That's why I'm so nervous. I've never confessed to someone before but this is really something else." 

Nayeon smiles, "Well, we can go with the classic red rose. They are the flower symbol for love and if you want to add more to it, we can add white roses. They symbolize innocents and new love." The guy smiles, "Wow, you really are an expert. Are there more choices?" 

Nayeon says, "We can do Gerbera daisies, they're famous for confessing love. They show cheerfulness and usually represent love and desire in a relationship. Or we can do the Valentine special with lilies. They're the equivalent of saying that you love her smile and that you want to have a strong bond with her."

The guy smiles, "Wow, you're a flower genius. Ummm, but what would you prefer to receive?" Nayeon's eyes widen, "Me?" He nods and says, "You're answering me now as a florist but I want your answer as a woman. Just imagine the man you like and think of a flower that would make your heart beat faster." 

Nayeon inhales and exhales. Her mind starts to wander. She whispers, "The man I like won't give me flowers. He would carry me off and tease me... he would play around and his gifts would be something funny, like an inside joke. He just doesn't seem like a flower person really." 

The guy looks at her confused, "Oh. I'll just buy all of them." 

Nayeon breaks free from her thoughts, "What?" The guy smiles, "I couldn't choose so I'll buy an arrangement of all of them. Can you make them small so she can easily carry them? She's sort of small." Nayeon chuckles and says, "I'll work on it, it might take a few minutes or so..." The guy smiles, "I'm in no rush." 

Nayeon smiles and walks to the flowers. That's when the entrance bells ring and Nayeon turns to glance at the person. She smiles, "Hey, Jimin." 

"Hi, Jimin." 

"Wonwoo?"