Chapter 6

A few days after their beach hangout, they all start making their way around the markets and the city. Jungkook says, "Nayeon, remember that delicious ice cream store I kept mentioning." Nayeon nods with excitement in her eyes.

Jungkook says, "It's right around the corner, we have to check it out." Jimin whines, "Yah, we already had coffee, two servings of meet, fishcakes, and seafood. I can't eat another thing today." Nayeon teases, "Weak. This is why you stopped growing early."

Mina and Jungkook giggled and Jimin blushes, "Yah, look who's talking shorty." Mina joins in, "I agree with Jimin. I can't eat another bite."

Nayeon locks her arm with Jungkook and says, "Then it's settled. Split up and meet back at the house. Bye~~~"

Jungkook leads her to the ice cream shop while Mina stares at Jimin. He chuckles, "I guess we just walk around."

...

Nayeon lets go of Jungkook's arm but he says, "No, keep doing that." She wraps her arm around his arm and asks, "Why?" He says, "We should pretend we're dating." Nayeon scoffs, "What? Why?"

Jungkook says, "Just hear me out." She nods her head and he says, "I've been going to this ice cream shop since I was young and it was owned by the same lady the entire time. She always teased me about bringing girls over because I never did. So she made this awesome couple special, it's a banana split with 4 scoops of ice cream, whip cream, cherries, sprinkles, and macaroons on the side."

Nayeon says, "You're going to scam the poor lady?" Jungkook shakes his head, "Of course not! I'm still gonna pay her but she's really old now and she kept talking about how she wanted to see me with a girlfriend. So let's pretend and make her dream come true, please~~~"

Nayeon says, "Well... okay. I'll do it for the lady." He smiles, "Perfect!" They enter the ice cream store hand in hand as an old lady at the cash register says, "Welcome to- Kookie? You're in Busan!"

Jungkook smiles, "Nice to see you again, Ahjumma!" The cute old lady says, "Omo, Omo. Who's the pretty lady?" Jungkook glances at Nayeon then back at the ahjumma, "Her name is Im Nayeon. She's my girlfriend."

The lady almost faints and says, "Kookie, you're so grown up! I can't believe it, you even brought her to your home town! Come, have a seat. I'll prepare something on the house!" Nayeon smiles at the wholesome lady who's exploding with excitement.

Jungkook says, "It's fine, ahjumma. We can pay, we want to pay." The Ahjumma says, "Oh don't be like that. Just accept my gifts, don't be acting all rich and fancy now that you're dating a girl!" Jungkook smiles as Nayeon joins him at the table.

After preparing the couple's special, the lady sits with Jungkook and Nayeon. The Ahjumma holds Nayeon's hand and says, "You're so pretty, I always wanted Jungkook to end up with a beautiful girl. Thank you so much for giving the kid a chance." Jungkook chuckles, "It sounds like you like her more than me already."

The Ahjumma glares at him, "This is your fault. You know, I've been waiting my entire life for you to bring a girl here on a date. It took you over 20 years but I can die happy now." Nayeon smiles at her still feeling speechless at how wholesome the lady is. They start eating while the Ajumma kept telling stories about Jungkook's childhood.

Seeing how happy the lady is, Jungkook's heart starts to bloom. He's never seen her this enthusiastic and she suddenly became so active after hearing the news. He almost wants to date Nayeon for real just so he can see the old lady happy again.

Just as Nayeon's being immersed in the story, Jungkook notices the strands of ice cream on her lips and sits up from his chair. He uses his thumb to wipe it causing Nayeon to blush and the Ahjumma to squeal. The lady sits up and says, "Ah, I should leave you two on your date. Sorry for taking up a lot of time."

Nayeon says back, "No, I really liked your stories and I think you're an interesting person." The Ahjumma blushes and says, "Omo, you're so sweet. Please protect my Kookie, he's a bit crazy sometimes." Nayeon chuckles, "I promise."

The lady then leaves the two and Jungkook and Nayeon sit across each other. They eat in silence while Jungkook says, "How's the ice cream?" Nayeon breaks from her thoughts and says, "Oh, it's great. Tastes better than a lot of the places in Seoul."

Jungkook nods proudly while Nayeon goes back to her thoughts. That feeling of heat in her face remains while his soft touch on her lips linger more. Why am I acting like this?

The two finish their ice cream and the old lady comes back with a Polaroid. Jungkook says impressed, "Whoa, where did you get that?" The Ahjumma smiles, "It was a present from Christmas several years back. I still have to buy the film but I like the simplicity of the camera. Here let me take a couple picture, I always post the pictures of everyone that gets the couple special on my heart wall."

Nayeon asks, "What's the heart wall?" The lady points at a wall near the entrance and says, "It's a picture of every single couple that orders the couple special for the first time. I saved a spot in the middle for Jungkook and his special other because he's the reason I made the special in the first place. I can finally fill that empty hole in my heart."

Jungkook giggles, "That's really cheesy, ahjumma." The lady says, "Oh come on, let me be cheesy. My heart flutters whenever I see a new couple walk in. Now get together and kiss so I can take a picture."

Nayeon blushes and so does Jungkook. Nayeon whispers, "Kiss?" The ahjumma says, "It will be quick. I promise." Nayeon turns to see the longing and proud eyes of the old lady then turns back to Jungkook. He smiles softly and just nods his head.

The two stand in front of each other and Jungkook initiates it. He places his hand behind her and gently pulls her closer. He whispers, "I promise, I'll pay you back." She nods her head with a strong blush as Jungkook pulls her lips to hers.

Nayeon feels his touch on her lips again and it makes her legs feel weak and causes her heart to start beating.

What are you thinking? He's your bestfriend. You've never had feelings for him before, so why now?

The two break from the kiss after a few seconds and turn to the old lady. Jungkook asks, "Did the picture end up good?"

She didn't take the picture.

The Ahjumma stares at the two with a genuine smile and tears in her eyes. Jungkook says concerned, "A-ahjumma, are you okay?" The old lady tears up and wipes them as she says with a shaky voice, "Y-yeah, I'm just so proud of you... You always talked about how you wanted to go to the Seoul and how hard you worked. Now you're back visiting from Seoul and with a girlfriend, I-I'm so proud of you Kookie."

Jungkook smiles as he nears her for a hug and says, "Ahjumma, don't cry.... I hate seeing you cry." The Ahjumma tries to laugh and says, "Sorry for not taking the picture, we'll do it one more time." Jungkook says softly, "Don't be sorry, I'm sorry for not finding a girl sooner."

The Ahjumma says, "No, you shouldn't be sorry about that. It can take people eternity to find their soulmate, I'm just glad I've seen you with yours while I'm still alive."

Nayeon can't help but tear up. Seeing the ahjumma look at Jungkook like that made her so emotional. Jungkook stands back in front of her but this time Nayeon's cups his cheeks. She tiptoes and places a more passionate kiss on his lips while the Ahjumma takes the picture.

Nayeon thinks to herself, "I really have feelings for my bestfriend."