Chapter 14

"Wonwoo?" 

Nayeon asks while looking away from the two, "You two know each other?" Jimin nods his head and Wonwoo smiles, "Yeah, he's Mina's friend." Nayeon coos, "Oooh, you're the one who dropped Mina home." 

Wonwoo asks, "Do you know Mina too?" Nayeon says, "Of course, she's my roommate." Wonwoo laughs, "Wow, what a small world." 

Nayeon comes back with the flowers in her hands. It was a beautiful arrangement and an expensive one too." She smiles, "I can get you a discount because you're Mina's friend." 

Wonwoo smiles, "No, it's fine. I'd rather support her roommate's business." Nayeon smiles, "Wow, I like you already." The two giggle and he hands over his credit card. After paying he leaves the shop with Jimin and Nayeon. 

Nayeon asks, "What brings you over?" Jimin says, "I was walking with Mina here and she said she had something to do so I wanted to hang out." Nayeon raises her eyebrow, "Mina was here? Why didn't she stop by?" Jimin says, "Oh, she's just waiting out-" 

He suddenly pauses glancing at the two people outside. Nayeon gasps and says, "Oh. my. God. Is she the person who he wanted to give the flowers to?" 

...

"Wonwoo?" 

Wonwoo smiles hiding the flowers behind his back and says, "Oh, Mina. I met your friends inside. They're nice." Mina asks, "We were supposed to meet in an hour." He smiles, "Yeah, I know. I wanted to coem early to look for-" He pauses noticing he's ruining the surprise.

Mina glances at him weirdly, "Look for what? And what are you hiding behind your back?" Wonwoo chuckles as he got caught and says, "Oh, it was supposed to be a surprise. But might as well." 

He shows her the flowers and her eyes widen, "Yah... I told you to stop getting me presents." He smiles, "How could I? I want to smother you with presents." Mina says, "We were just watching a movie, what's with the flowers?" 

Wonwoo blushes but keeps his smile, "Actually, I wanted to-" 

"Hey, Mina it's cold outside do you want to wait inside for your friend?" 

The two turn to Jimin and Mina says, "Oh umm... he's here already." Jimin smiles, "Oh you were meeting with Wonwoo?" Mina nods her head and Jimin chuckles, "Oh... do you mind if Nayeon and I join you for the movie? She's kind of free right now and I was thinking we could tag along." 

Mina says, "Oh... I have to ask Wonwoo but sure why-" 

"Mina, I like you." 

Jimin and Mina's heart stops as they turn to Wonwoo. He chuckles nervously and says, "I wanted to make it more romantic but by the looks of it I wouldn't of had a chance." Mina whispers, "You like me?" 

Wonwoo nods confidently, "Yeah, I do. Which is why I got these flowers. It's the reason why I got you that dessert and why I started studying on the second floor and why I wanted to watch a movie with you. I like you Mina." 

Mina stares at him a bit flustered as Jimin can only stare waiting for her answer. Suddenly, Nayeon pulls Jimin inside. She scolds, "What the hell are you doing!? Are you trying to ruin her chances or something!?" 

Jimin stays quiet and Nayeon continues to scold, "The one guy Mina befriended is asking her out, do you know how hard is it for people like Mina to find someone that likes them?" Jimin stays quiet and Nayeon continues, "She's so introverted that no one ever approaches her, now that someone's courting her you-" 

"I like Mina." 

Nayeon's eyes widen as she stutters, "W-what?" Jimin sighs and says, "I was trying to ruin it because I like Mina. And if she considers Wonwoo as a choice, I know I won't beat him." Nayeon whispers, "D-don't be like that..." 

Jimin rakes his hair back, "But it's true! Mina told me she liked guys that were like her. Someone who has the same interests and understands her! I'm nothing like her! She's a whole league above me but Wonwoo is in the same league as her. He's rich. He's in college. They study together. He's tall and handsome." 

Nayeon whispers, "Jimin, don't be like that. Mina... she'll like you too." Jimin almost yells, "You're lying to me! If you aren't tell me a reason why she'd take me over Wonwoo!?" Nayeon stays quiet and Jimin scoffs, "You don't understand. You don't understand how it feels to like someone who doesn't even consider you an option." 

Nayeon tears up and says, "Shut up." Jimin turns back to her, "What?" She wipes her eyes, "Shut up, you don't know everything Jimin. How was I supposed to know you liked her!? If I knew then I would have helped you! SO STOP GETTING MAD AT ME BECAUSE I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL!" 

Jimin asks, "Nayeon, I'm sorry if you have crush on me-" 

"I like Jungkook." 

Jimin exhales, "Oh thank God! I was so worried it was me." Nayeon scoffs through her tears and says, "Hey, now we're on the same boat. But mine already sank." Jimin asks, "Did you tell him?" She nods her head and says, "I told him today." 

He asks, "And he rejected you?" Nayeon shakes her head, "Not yet, he's still thinking." Jimin smiles, "Then there's hope." She says, "I can say the same for you." Jimin sighs and says, "I guess you're right." Nayeon smiles, "But hey, keep your head up. From what I've learned, anything can happen and if we persist then we'll make it out happy. I mean, that's what we did when we first started here." 

Jimin nods his head and says, "We just have to not give up." 

...

"Listen Wonwoo, I'm really flattered and all. I think you're a great guy and I really loved having those intellectual talks and those random ones. You're really handsome and your personality is so awesome-" 

Wonwoo chuckles, "Haha, I don't know if I should let you finish or not. You sound like you're going to reject me." Mina smiles with pity and says, "I like someone else, Wonwoo. I have for a while." 

Wonwoo sighs and slouch back, "Oh... haha, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." Mina says, "No, you didn't make me uncomfortable. I actually like it that you confessed. I didn't want to lead you on or anything and we've just met each other so I was hoping we could still be friends." 

Wonwoo says, "Really?" Mina nods her head and he says, "I was expecting to either date you or never see you again after today. Do you not feel awkward after this?" Mina chuckles, "I'm always awkward but frankly, I think you're a cool guy. You promised me you would play video games with me after the exam, I'm still looking forward to that." Wonwoo sighs and smiles, "Okay, but you have to give me time to heal. You just broke my heart and I have to bury myself in books and video games to heal it up." 

Mina smiles, "Okay... we'll talk again after the test?" He nods his head and says, "Oh and Mina?" She raises her eyebrow and he says, "I hope that the guy you like treats you like the princess you are."