-chapter eight

WARNING: contains homophobia/slurs

ANOTHER ROSE ceremony. zach sighed at the thought of being dressed in a formal shirt and slacks all night, while his toes were squeezed into some dress shoes.

jack had gone on another one-on-one earlier that day, with a girl named annie. she got sent home at the end of it.

at that moment, zach was walking over to jack's mansion beside olivia and emma. he couldn't stop replaying the previous night in his mind, and no matter what he tried, he couldn't get jack out of his head. stop it, zach. focus.

but he couldn't help the goosebumps he got at the thought of jack pinning him up, against the wall, like he had.

he shook his head as he followed his friends inside, trying to rid his mind of those thoughts. come on, we can't have any problems tonight. just try to stay invisible, and stop thinking about that.

well, that was impossible. the minute jack spotted the smaller brunet, he licked his lips and winked flirtatiously.

oh boy.

zach took a seat on the couch next to olivia, who was eyeing up a couple of girls having a heated conversation in the corner.

"apparently natalie told marissa that she's just using gracie to get closer to jack since they're so close. you know, since she went on that first date with him and everything. and somehow gracie found out and now they're fighting. this might turn into something bigger, should i go find jack to tell him? is that my job now?" olivia's eyes gleamed with mischief.

"that's a lot, based on an 'apparently', are you sure this really happened?" zach questioned, unsure. he didn't want olivia to start any unnecessary drama.

right as the sentence left his lips, it seemed as though gracie had finally had enough. she smirked and tipped her glass forward, letting it fall all over her ex-best friend's dress.

"okay, yeah, i'm gonna go find jack before they do. do you wanna come or are you fine by yourself?" she asked.

"i'm not a baby, i'll be okay," zach giggled, pushing her slightly.

she nodded and walked away to find jack. he watched her go, before turning to look around the room.

"hey."

zach jumped, turning to see gracie as well as charlotte sitting beside him. "um, hi?"

"your friend seemed very interested in our conversation," gracie picked at her nails casually.