-chapter thirteen

ZACH LEANED in to whisper to olivia as they walked with emma behind the rest of the group

ZACH LEANED in to whisper to olivia as they walked with emma behind the rest of the group. "who do you think he's sending home tonight?"

olivia's eyes narrowed as she scanned the faces of the girls huddled around jack. "charlotte."

zach's eyes widened. "her? why?"

olivia shrugged. "i may or may not have told him about what a fake bitch she's been to you," she smirked.

the brunet gasped and shoved her lightly. "liv!"

"oh come on zach," emma chimed in, "you can't be mad at that. she won't be around to make you feel like shit anymore."

"i guess..." he reluctantly agreed.

"okay, we've arrived at the market!" a voice called out. "stick together, and don't be afraid to try new things."

zach hated trying new things. he knew what he liked, and preferred to fill up on those foods rather than something random and possibly gross.

for example, he hated pickles. but then jack wanted to try some, and all the girls hopped on the trend. so zach ate a pickle, and hated the first bite. the rest went to emma, as she loved the taste of them.

at another stand, jack wanted to try the famous german sausage, bratwurst. he locked eyes with zach and held the meat out to him, urging him to take a bite. the brunet smiled and complied. bratwurst wasn't so bad.

after about an hour more of walking around to various stands, jack lead the whole group into a bar. it was completely empty, only harbouring a bartender, and zach assumed the crew had called ahead to reserve it.

he stood back as he watched everyone crowd around the bar, biting his nails subconsciously. a nervous habit.

"hey," a voice startled him.

"oh, hi jack," he blushed.

"can i get you anything to drink?" he smiled sweetly, sipping what zach assumed was beer from a tall glass.

"um, i don't think it's such a good idea for me to drink. don't you remember what happened last time?" the shorter mumbled, looking away. embarrassing, he thought, you're the only one here who can't handle a little alcohol.

jack frowned when he saw how uncomfortable the boy seemed. "hey, i'm sorry. do you want me to call you a car or something so you can go back to the house and rest? i would come but i'm really not allowed to leave."

"oh please, i'll be fine," zach tried to smile. "seriously, go enjoy yourself. i'll just look for liv or something."

"you sure?" jack hesitated, wanting to make sure he was really alright.