-chapter twenty-one

THE SOUND of birds chirping outside his window woke zach from his slumber

THE SOUND of birds chirping outside his window woke zach from his slumber. he smiled at the feeling of strong arms wrapped around him, making him feel safe and secure.

the brunet peeked up at the curly haired boy, smiling at his sleeping figure. jack somehow managed to look absolutely breathtaking no matter what he was doing, and zach felt as though it was extremely unfair.

the older's eyes opened suddenly, startling the brunet. "good morning."

"hi, jack," the small boy beamed, running his fingers through said boy's messy hair.

"how did you sleep?" jack smiled down at him.

"perfectly, you?"

"same."

ryan glared at the pair as they made their way downstairs. zach noticed and frowned, confused. "what's wrong, dude?"

"you're very loud, you know," the younger brother picked at his fruit.

"loud when?" zach giggled.

"when you have sex with your boyfriend in the middle of the night?" the teenager rolled his eyes.

zach's mother gasped and dropped the frying pan.

"ryan!" the older brother screeched.

the boy clearly realized his mistake, eyes widening before he made a beeline for the stairs.

"get back here, you little brat!" zach yelled, running after him.

jack smiled awkwardly at myta. "um, breakfast looks wonderful," he blushed.

"thank you, darling," the woman smiled at him wearily, the sound of zach and ryan yelling still evident. she sighed as the voices got louder.

"—swear on everything you love!" zach huffed as he sat down, a pout evident on his pink lips.

the younger herron sat across from the couple, rolling his eyes. "next time just wait until you're home alone, and i won't have to tease you."

the couple was relaxing in zach's room, watching tv with the door open (josh's request). quite frankly, the brunet was getting bored. "wanna go to the hill? the sun should be setting soon," he suggested.

jack smiled and nodded, excited and oddly nervous to accompany the smaller boy to his special spot.

the two quickly got dressed in slightly warmer clothes, calling a goodbye to zach's parents, before making their way out the door.

they walked in silence, hand-in-hand, savouring the peace that surrounded them. it seemed to be one of the first times where they felt as though they had all the time in the world.

zach kicked a pebble as he swung his and jack's arms lightly, biting his lip as the sky began to turn a light shade of orange. "we'd better run to the hill so we make it, the sun is already starting to set."

the curly haired boy nodded, and the two broke into a light jog as they ran up one side of the hill.

jack grabbed the younger boy's waist and pulled him down to sit on his lap. zach giggled and let the older press kisses down his neck, watching in awe as the colours of the sky melted together effortlessly. "it's so beautiful," he breathed, smiling at the familiar scent of magnolia flowers, which grew on the tree they were sitting under.

"it's absolutely breathtaking," jack agreed, smiling at the younger boy's happiness. "thank you for bringing me here."

"i wouldn't want to share this place anyone else," zach connected their lips just as the sun disappeared below the horizon.

jack panted, pulling his shirt back on while the brunet lay on the grass frozen. "i seriously cannot believe we just did that."

"what?" jack smirked, helping the boy get dressed and stand up.

"we just had sex at my childhood safe spot!"

"best we've ever had, too," jack smiled proudly.

zach rolled his eyes, grabbing the older's arm and making his way back to his house. "agreed," jack heard him quietly mumble a moment later.

this is late and short but i hope u liked it anyways :D

if you did, don't forget to vote and comment :))

have an amazing day/night, i love each and every one of you so so so much<33

take care of yourselves, lovelies !!