-chapter ten

THE JOKES about zach's behaviour that night in italy followed him all the way to the crew's next stop — switzerland

they were whisked away to a giant cabin in the alps, where jack would have a ski date with someone.

zach prayed it wasn't him. he was terrible at skiing.

luckily, his prayers were answered as a girl named nadia was chosen to go on the date with jack.

while the two were off together, olivia and emma dragged zach and all his snow gear outside, insisting they make a snowman to guard the house.

the three began to work on a body, rolling up snow until they deemed it a decent size.

about halfway through their work, another figure joined them. the trio looked up to see charlotte, a hopeful smile gracing her features. "would you guys mind if i joined you?"

zach smiled at her and answered before anyone else could. "of course not, we're just decorating him right now."

the girl joined their little group and the quartet worked on their new friend, bouncing ideas off of each other until they were sure they had created the stupidest snowman in all of history.

"liv what is that sticking out of the bott — you did not give mr. snowman a penis," he gasped.

"i did, and what about it?"

"i'm cutting it off."

"what?! you of all people should know how much that would hurt him," she scowled.

"it's snow, olivia."

"whatever bitch, let's go get some hot chocolate."

the four agreed and they were on their way inside when charlotte stopped.

"guys, could i talk to zach alone?" she bit her lip. zach gave her a nod, and motioned for the others to continue on their way.

"what's up?"

"i'm really sorry i abandoned you after the first night," she sighed. "gracie said some stuff about you, and she was so cool and i wanted to avoid conflict, so i just agreed. and i know it was stupid and wrong, but i really am sorry."

zach looked her in the eyes for a moment, a serious expression set on his face. he then broke into a smile. "i can't hold a grudge, no matter how hard i try. i'm not mad," he stepped forward to pull her into a hug.