-chapter twenty-four

GOLDEN SUNLIGHT seeped into the quiet room

GOLDEN SUNLIGHT seeped into the quiet room. a small brunet slept peacefully on the bed, draped in silky white sheets.

a figure appeared at the door, holding a tray. they approached the sleeping boy, shaking him gently awake.

he rubbed his eyes, sitting up sluggishly. "syd?"

"i brought you breakfast," the girl smiled sweetly, "before you leave today."

zach smiled gratefully. "thanks, i'm starving."

sydnie let the boy eat his breakfast in peace, and as soon as he was done, she spit out her question. "have you told jack?"

the brunet sighed, shaking his head. "no, and i don't know if i'm even going to."

"what? how could you not tell him?" the dark haired girl furrowed her eyebrows.

"if it was any other circumstance, i would of course tell him. but i think would feel wrong telling him now. i think he should make his decision first, and if he chooses me, i know he loves me and wants to be with me," zach tried to explain his thoughts, "i would hate for him to pick me just for the sake of the child, if he would rather marry emma."

sydnie was quiet for a few moments, processing what the boy had said. "i suppose that makes sense," she eventually gave in.

"i want to tell him, i really do," he sighed, "but not like this. after the show is finished, maybe i will."

the girl nodded and stood up. "whatever happens, just know i'm only a call away, and i'll always answer for you babe," she smiled and took his dishes before walking out of the room.

zach ran a hand through his hair, before standing up and looking at himself in the mirror. he was shirtless, a rare choice of sleeping attire for him, and his eyes locked on his abdomen. in a matter of weeks, there would be actual evidence that he was growing a baby inside of him.

was he ready for that?

the boy wasn't sure, really.

zach gave sydnie his number before he had to leave, and the girl immediately texted him so he would eventually have hers as well. emma, jack and zach hugged the avery family goodbye, calling out that they hoped to see them soon.

the trio were escorted to the airport, and ushered onto a private plane. zach flopped down beside emma, feeling tired, sore and sick.

the girl sensed something was off, and let the shorter boy cuddle into her side, pulling his blanket up to his chin. "you okay, zee?"

the boy nodded, yawning. "tired, need sleep," he mumbled.

jack watched the scene unfold, amused. "you always need sleep."

"shut the fuck up, avery," the brunet slurred, half asleep at that point. when he finally fell asleep, emma smiled and turned to the other boy.

"i feel so bad for him," jack frowned. "he's been so sick, i'm really worried about him."

emma furrowed her eyebrows. "he's been sick? he never told me he was feeling unwell."

"yeah, it's been going on for, like, almost three weeks now," jack sighed. "i just hope nothing is seriously wrong with him."

"you and me both," the girl replied, running her fingers through zach's hair.

"emma, can you believe it?" zach giggled that night when they landed in los angeles, "we're the last two!"

"oh my god, i know right?" the girl flopped down on her bed while zach helped her unpack her suitcase.

the brunet hung up a shirt and sighed. "i'm just happy we have a day off tomorrow."

"have you been feeling sick?"

"yes," zach groaned, "and all i want is to sleep for a week, but at least i get a day tomorrow."

emma nodded, continuing to put away her stuff. she really was worried about her brunet friend.

there was no point to this chapter

there was no point to this chapter. absolutely not one.
anyways two chapters left in the book c:
if you liked this awful chapter don't forget to vote+comment, i promise the next one is much longer and more exciting!!
also my zach cd finally came 🥺

 anyways two chapters left in the book c:if you liked this awful chapter don't forget to vote+comment, i promise the next one is much longer and more exciting!!also my zach cd finally came 🥺

OKAY DONT FORGET TO DRINK YOUR WATER AND SLEEP TIGHT, i love you <333
(wait was this a face reveal???)