-chapter eleven

MUCH TO zach's dismay, everyone was scheduled to stay in switzerland for another day

MUCH TO zach's dismay, everyone was scheduled to stay in switzerland for another day. and everyone voted to go for a skiing day.

zach could not ski to save his life.

"it's fine zach, you can sit with me," emma gestured to her walking boot. he sighed in relief.

the boy smiled at her greatfully as they trailed behind the group. his eyes narrowed as he watched charlotte walk up to gracie. however, she quickly realized he was watching and walked away, making zach raise an eyebrow in suspicion.

olivia jogged up to them. "she's being real sus."

zach sighed, nodding. "for now, i'll give her the benefit of the doubt. but if she messes up again, she's done."

they finally reached the ski lift. emma made a beeline for the lodge, zach following in tow after telling olivia to have fun, and be safe.

the two quickly found a spot on a couch in front of a large burning fireplace, and emma situated herself while zach hunted for some hot chocolate.

he acquired two steaming mugs, making his way back over to the tall girl while sipping on one of them. emma accepted her cup gratefully, sighing in content. "swiss hot chocolate is probably the best invention ever known to mankind."

zach raised an eyebrow at her. "sure, we'll go with it being an invention."

she swatted him with her book, and he gasped in mock hurt, holding his arm. "just read your book, nerd."

zach flipped the cover open, a swirling feeling bubbling inside his stomach. he had been eyeing this book for a while, and finally decided to buy it for the plane ride to los angeles. however, he never really got the chance to read it, as his nerves got the best of him and he found it hard to concentrate on anything.

you could say zach was a sucker for a good, cheesy, romance novel. he adored reading love stories, placing himself in the shoes of the main characters.

many would call him a dreamer, or crazy for wanting to wait for a love like one in his books. he wanted a love story that would still make him blush, even if he was a grown man.

a love story that jack was already giving him.

the brunet blushed as he thought of the older boy. the fact that jack was acting as a perfect love interest for a main character to have was not helping his case.

to put it bluntly, zach had a fear of falling in love. he hated when things moved too quickly for his liking, which is why he shocked himself when he let jack kiss him that night. that night. it felt like a lifetime ago to zach, when in reality it was only just over a week in the past.

and yes, zach still thought about jack's lips on his. how they melted together, how everything almost felt completely perfect in that moment.

he was definitely falling. and god, he was falling hard.

by the time jack walked into the lodge, tired and freezing from all the snow, zach was completely engrossed in his book. the story had completely captivated him, and he sighed in contentment when the two lovers finally shared their first kiss.

jack saw his little smile and grinned, immediately making his way over. once he reached the two friends, he began peeling his snow gear off his body, leaving it to dry in the fire while he sat in his fitted sweatpants and long-sleeved top.

zach still had his nose buried in his book, and didn't even hear the bachelor walk up to them. emma, meanwhile, looked up and smiled at him, before pulling the book out of zach's hands. "no," he whined, reaching to steal it back.

instead, the girl passed it to jack, who looked at the cover and chuckled. "so you're a romance novel guy?"

"oh, hi jack," the brunet blushed, lightly embarrassed that he had been caught, "i didn't even hear you come over, i'm so sorry."

"it's alright, love, you looked pretty cute reading too."

zach smiled. "i'm glad you think so," his face turned serious. "give it back."

"what? but i want you to pay attention to me," jack frowned.

the younger boy gave him his best puppy dog eyes, face pulling into an effortless pout.

a pout he had used a countless amount of times before, but jack didn't need to know that.

"please jack?" he looked up at the boy, who sighed and handed him back the book. "yes!" he did a little victory dance before moving to sit beside the curly haired boy.

opening to the page he was previously on, zach found himself quickly getting lost in the book once again. he barely even noticed jack's arms wrapped around him,  chin resting on his shoulder as he read the book in the smaller boy's hands. 

zach flipped the page. "wait, i wasn't done!"

"look who's a romance novel guy now," the boy with rosy cheeks leaned back to press a kiss to the jaw of the older, as he continued reading the story in silence.

"this book actually isn't too bad."

"obviously it's amazing, i chose it."

"okay whatever, just turn the page. i need to know what happens next."

this was kinda just a sweet little filler chapter, but i hope you guys enjoyed it anyways:)

can you guys believe it's already been four years of why don't we? i honestly can't wrap my head around it omg. 

i hope they all had the best day celebrating, they deserve it so much:)))

anyways, i'm sorry this chapter is up so late, i don't really have an excuse other than procrastination tbh.

if you still enjoyed, pls vote, comment, and have a good rest of your night k ilygsm<333

p.s. next time I post, fallin' will be out :o OMG AA can't wait so so excited for it and everything that's coming:D