-chapter nine

"ZACH, IT'S time to wake up!" olivia's voice startled him out of his sleep

"ZACH, IT'S time to wake up!" olivia's voice startled him out of his sleep. again.

"liv, i told you to stop waking me up because you're bored. just tell me when we land," he groaned.

"stupid, we just landed. get up," she shook him again, this time more aggressively.

"we're here?" zach mumbled groggily, rubbing his eyes and stretching.

"oh my god, yes, and i've been trying to wake you up for like five minutes. we're the last passengers on, let's go," she took his hand as he fumbled with his carry-on, dragging the two of them off the plane. "welcome to italy, baby!"

the crew had taken off around 10 in the morning in los angeles, and landed in venice, italy at around 2 in the afternoon. this gave the person going on the one-on-one four hours to get freshened up before their date.

while they were in europe, jack and his date would stay overnight in a hotel if they so wished, while the other contestants would sleep in a house together (along with jack's friends, much to olivia's delight).

"hannah," jack called, "i'll see you at six, hope you're ready for some good old italian!"

zach smiled as they pulled up to their house. the black iron gates swung open, and a white concrete fountain welcomed them. the house itself looked old, ivy crawling up it's sides, attacking every corner.

"i love it," zach giggled.

"it looks old," olivia raised an eyebrow.

"but there's so much charm! do you know how many stories are probably hidden inside these walls," zach gasped, pulling his luggage out of the trunk.

"if i see a bug, i'm leaving," olivia rolled her eyes, following suit.

"fine, that's fair."

zach quickly found a room close to the back door and claimed it, just incase he needed to sneak anywhere. he quickly unpacked, hoping to take a nap before he had to go down to dinner. setting an alarm, he laid on the soft bed and sighed happily, snuggling deeper into the blankets. unsurprisingly, he drifted off quickly, feeding his seemingly endless need for sleep.

a ringing in zach's ear woke him at 5:30, alerting him it was time to get ready for the dinner. he quickly washed his face and threw on an outfit. it was a casual dinner, as there was nobody to impress.