Three

When San gets to school, he feels his heart beating faster than ever. Just as he arrived at school, he sees Wooyoung by his locker.

San clears his throat and takes a few deep breaths before starting to walk towards him.

"San! Hi!" He's stopped by Jongho getting in front of him.

"Hi..." San forces a smile. "Perfect timing." He mumbles.

"What were you doing?"

"Oh, I was-" San gets cut off by a textbook and a notebook, along with other things, falling in front of him as Wooyoung was walking away.

"I'm really sorry." Wooyoung quickly apologizes and starts picking everything up.

"Hey, watch it." Jongho tells him. "That almost hit my friend."

"Yeah... I'm really sorry." He apologizes again and San helps him pick everything up. "Thank you." Wooyoung looks up at him and gives him a small smile.

"No problem." San gives him his things back.

"Watch it next time, won't you?" Jongho tells him.

No one but Yunho knows about San's crush on Wooyoung, which is why Jongho's being rude to him.

"Yeah, I will." Wooyoung nods. "Sorry."

"Oh, give him a break." Yunho walks over to them. "It was an accident, Jongho. Accidents happen, you know?"

"Yeah, sure... I guess so." Jongho nods. "Let's go to class?"

"You go." Yunho tells him. "We'll catch up with you later."

"Well, okay. I'll go find Yeosang." He walks away.

"I'm sorry about him." Yunho turns to Wooyoung. "He can be a little rude sometimes."

San just nervously looks down, not knowing what to say to Wooyoung. He had never been this close to him.

"Oh, that's okay." Wooyoung smiles at Yunho. "He has a reason to be annoyed. I should've watched where I was going. I can be a little too clumsy sometimes."

"Well, I'm Yunho... and this is my best friend San. I hope the three of us can be good friends."

"I'm Wooyoung." He tells them. "I have some classes with you, right?" He turns to San.

"Y-yeah." San nervously smiles.

-

As soon as San gets home, he goes upstairs to his room and turns his laptop on.

I talked to Wooyoung today and it was
all thanks to Yunho.
It was my first time talking to him.
But I barely said anything to him. I was so
nervous and barely any words could come out.
He accidentally dropped his textbook and other things in front of me. He kept apologizing and I ended up helping him pick them up.
He thanked me for it and smiled at me.
He has a really pretty smile.
I really hope I can be the one to make him smile someday.

San (12)

-

When San gets to school the next day, he waits for Yunho by the school entrance. They were supposed to walk to school together today, but something came up and Yunho wasn't able to.

"Why is he so late?" San mumbles. "I should just go." He turns around and ends up bumping into someone. His eyes widen when he sees Wooyoung standing right in front of him... crying. "I'm so sorry." San immediately apologizes. "Did it hurt that much?"

Wooyoung repeatedly shakes his head as he starts sobbing. "I-it's not that."

"What? Then...?"

"I'm just having a bad day. That's all." He sighs.

"Do you want to talk about it?" San doesn't hesitate to ask him. He knows they don't know each other that well and maybe Wooyoung wouldn't be comfortable with sharing something personal with him, but he wants him to know that he'll be there to listen if he'd like to talk about it.

"But class is starting." Wooyoung looks around at the kids who are rushing into the school.

San tries to think of what to do. It clearly looks like Wooyoung wants to talk to someone about this.

"It's okay if we're a few minutes late to class, isn't it?" San gives him a small smile.

"Well, okay." Wooyoung wipes his tears away. "But could we talk somewhere else? I don't want anyone else to hear."

"Yeah, sure." San starts walking towards a tree that has really beautiful flowers. He's sure that will cheer Wooyoung up. By the looks of it, Wooyoung really likes flowers.

Since there's a bench beside the tree, San sits on it and waits for Wooyoung to say something. He doesn't know what exactly he's going to say, so he doesn't want to pressure him into telling him.

"A-are you sure you want to listen to me?" Wooyoung sits down next to San.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" San nods.

"I-I have no one to talk to. I don't have any friends and my parents are barely ever home. My dad works a little too much and my mom is home at times, but not too much either."

"So you're home alone?" San asks, worriedly.

"No." Wooyoung shakes his head and more tears roll down his cheeks. "M-my grandma is there, but she's really sick. She's sleeping most of the time. It seems like she's getting more and more sick everyday." He sobs. "I'm scared she'll die one of these days. She's the only one who's ever there for me."

"No, don't say that." San frowns and shakes his head. "I'm sure she'll be okay. Just stay positive, okay?"

"I try, but it's hard to." He frowns.

"Is there anything your grandma likes? Maybe give her a gift and it can cheer her up."

"W-well, I do. I give her flowers everyday. She really likes them, especially roses."

"Oh, really?" San asks him, realizing that that's why Wooyoung takes so many roses from his garden.

"Yeah... every time I get home with a rose, she gets really happy. She gets the biggest smile on her face."

"Oh." San nods. He'll be sure to give him lots of flowers so he can give them to her from now on.