Six

Just like that, five years passed by. San would still think about Wooyoung every now and then, up until he wrote his letter. Once he wrote that letter, he promised to forget about him for once and for all.

What's the point of thinking about someone you'll never see again?

"Hey San, why don't we go over to my house? My mom's going to cook and she was wondering when you'd come over." Yunho tells him.

"I'm sorry, but I had something to do before... is that okay? You can go ahead and I'll catch up with you later, okay?"

"Got it." Yunho smiles and nods before walking away.

San looks up as he's standing in front of a flower shop. He doesn't know why flowers, especially roses, always seem to remind him of Wooyoung.

"There's other people in the world, San. Stop thinking about him." He facepalms himself.

He doesn't know why he's thinking about him again all of a sudden. He hadn't thought of him in a few months now, but seeing flowers always seem to remind him of that boy who used to steal roses from his garden when they were younger.

The boy who stole roses to make his grandma happy... That boy.

"I'm seriously going crazy." San rolls his eyes.

"Oh, hey San. I didn't expect to see you here." A boy from school, Song Mingi, tells him.

"Yeah... I was just looking around." He nods and walks into the flower shop. Mingi follows him and looks around as well.

As Mingi's talking, San stares at the roses and all he thinks about is Wooyoung. How is he doing? Where did he go? Is he okay? "Wow, I'm really going crazy, right?"

"Huh?" Mingi asks, confused. "What are you talking about?"

"These are roses, but why am I seeing- never mind."

"You okay?"

"Perfect." San nods. 'Maybe if I give someone flowers, I won't just think of Wooyoung when I see them.' He thinks to himself and gets an idea. He gets a bouquet of roses and hands them to Mingi. "Here, they're for you."

"For me?" Mingi asks, confused. "San, I think you got the wrong idea."

"No, just take them." He tells him. "I'll pay for them, so take them please."

"Well, thanks." Mingi smiles awkwardly, hoping San didn't get the wrong idea.

"How much are those?" San walks up to the cashier. "You know what? Here... Just take it." He hands them a fifty dollar bill.

"Well, here's your change." The cashier puts the money in front of him and San finally looks up at him.

His eyes widen when he sees who's in front of him... He looks a little too familiar. This must be another one of his daydreams, right? This can't be real. He's just imagining that Wooyoung is here since he's at a flower shop and flowers remind him of him, right?

"Wow, I've seriously gone crazy." San chuckles. "There's no one in front of me and I'm just imagining everything." He reaches his hand out to pinch Wooyoung's cheeks, but is shocked when Wooyoung slaps his hand away.

"Are you crazy?" Wooyoung asks him. "Do you want to die? Don't touch me."

"Wh-what? You're real."

"I clearly am... I'm a person." Wooyoung rolls his eyes. "Now take your change and let the next customer pay, won't you?"

"What? Don't you remember me? I'm San." The biggest smile forms on San's face. "We used to be friends a few years ago-"

"I don't know you. Now move."

"B-but-"

"Next!" Wooyoung calls out and the next customer walks up to him, making San move out of the way.

"What was that about?" Mingi asks San.

"Don't get the wrong idea." San tells him. "Do whatever you want with those roses. I just wanted to try something." He sighs. "But it looks like it's something impossible."

-

When San gets to school the next day, he looks around, trying to find Wooyoung. He might go to this school too, right?

But if he does, how has San not seen him before?

As he's looking around, he sees Yunho and runs up to him. "Yunho! You won't believe what hap-" He starts, but sees Yunho holding a bouquet of roses. "What's that?"

"What?" Yunho looks down at the roses. "Oh... Mingi gave them to me."

"Oh, of course." San mentally facepalms himself. "Speaking of your boyfriend, I saw him at the flower shop and he might have gotten the wrong idea."

"What do you mean?" Yunho asks, confused, then realizes what he's talking about. "Well, he actually did tell me you gave these to him... explain."

"I was just trying to give a random person some roses since I wanted to stop thinking about Wooyoung whenever I saw a rose." San sighs. "But guess what!"

"What?" Yunho asks him. "Did it work? Don't tell me you think of Mingi whenever you see roses now. I will-"

"Calm down, calm down." San shakes his head. "I saw Wooyoung... I saw him at the flower shop. I swear, it was really him."

"Your daydreams about him are starting to seem a little too real to you, don't you think?" Yunho asks, worriedly. "We haven't seen him in five years. He just disappeared... why would he come back all of a sudden?"

"Wow, is he new here? He's so handsome." They hear people saying. San ignores them and just continues telling Yunho how he saw Wooyoung at the flower shop, but all of a sudden, Yunho's eyes widen.

"What's wrong with you?" San asks, confused. "You really think I'm seeing things, but I'm not. I'm being serious-" He's interrupted when he feels someone tap his shoulder. "What do you-" He turns around and sees Wooyoung.

"You left your thirty dollars worth of change at the flower shop." Wooyoung hands the money to San. "You really made me come to school for this..." He mumbles and rolls his eyes before walking away.

"Wait, what? When did he come back?" Yunho asks, not believing he really just saw Wooyoung.

"I don't know." San watches as Wooyoung walks away. "But he changed a lot... and he doesn't remember me."