Forty

Wooyoung slowly opens his eyes and sits up on the chair. "I must've fallen asleep." He mumbles and rubs his eyes.

But when he fully opens his eyes, the biggest smile forms on his face when he sees San slowly opening his eyes.

"S-Sannie! You're up!" He can't help but start crying and takes his hand.

"W-Woo? Where am I?"

"You're at the hospital." Wooyoung tells him and repeatedly kisses his hand. "San, I missed you so much! I'm so happy you're finally awake! I knew you'd wake up! I knew it!"

San weakly smiles and slowly closes his eyes. "I-I couldn't die. I couldn't leave you so you would blame yourself again." He opens his eyes again and sees Wooyoung crying. "I also knew Seonghwa would blame himself as well. I didn't want you two to blame yourselves forever. I had to wake up."

"And I'm so glad you did, Sannie! I really don't know what I would've done without you!" Wooyoung sobs and rests his head on his chest.

"I'm awake now, Woo. No need to cry anymore." San rubs Wooyoung's back.

-

"I'm so glad you're feeling better, San." Yunho tells him. "When I found out everything that happened, I was so shocked. And I missed my best friend so much." He rests his head on his shoulder. "We have a lot to catch up on, okay?"

"Got it." San nods and smiles.

"Don't ever scare us like that again." Jongho lightly hits his arm. "I actually cried and I never cry! I was so worried." He frowns.

"I cried so much too." Yeosang sighs. "But I'm glad you're okay now."

"Don't worry, guys. Everything's over now and I'm okay." He looks around and notices Seonghwa's not here "Where's Seonghwa?"

"He couldn't even face you. He was so embarrassed and ashamed of what his mom did." Hongjoong tells him and sighs.

"He moved away." Mingi adds.

"What? He moved away?!" San quickly turns to look at Yeosang. "Yeo, are you okay?"

"San, you just got out of the hospital. Don't worry about me." Yeosang gives him a small smile.

"Yeah, but I can still worry about my friends, can't I?" San tries sitting up but his wound hurts too much.

"Don't worry, I'm okay. All that matters is that you're okay now."

"But why would he move away? It wasn't his fault."

"Even though it wasn't his fault, the guilt got the best of him. Just how it happened to me five years ago." Wooyoung frowns. "I tried to convince him to stay, but he thought it'd be the best to move. He keeps blaming himself and says he doesn't deserve to be happy, just like what I'd say in the past."

"I have to go, guys." Yeosang stands up and quickly wipes his tears away. "But I'm glad you're better now, San. I really am. If you need anything, just text me, okay?"

"Okay... same goes to you."

"I'm okay, don't worry... Bye." Yeosang walks out of the house.

"Poor Yeo." Jongho frowns. "He's been so out of it lately. We talk to him and he barely listens."

"When did they break up? As soon as this happened?" San asks them.

"No, they actually broke up a few days ago. Seonghwa decided to move away and broke up with him before he left."

"I hate how he's blaming himself... just how I used to blame myself." Wooyoung frowns. "I don't know why it's always the innocent feeling guilty and the ones that are really guilty don't even care."