Five

"It's great that you came over for dinner, Yunho." San's mom tells him. "It's been a while."

"Thank you for the food, Mrs. Choi. It was delicious." Yunho tells her and San stands up to pick up the plates. Yunho offers to help, but San shakes his head and picks them up himself before walking into the kitchen.

"By the way, San told me you have a crush on someone..." She starts and Yunho's eyes widen.

"Wh-What?"

Yunho's heart starts racing at the thought of San knowing about his crush on him. How does San know about that? Is that why he's been acting distant?

"What do you mean?" He asks her. This might all just be a misunderstanding. Maybe San doesn't actually know.

"He told me you're trying to ask someone out."

"Well yeah, that's true, but-"

"Did you give her the roses?" She asks him and a confused look forms on Yunho's face.

"The roses?"

"Yeah... San picked some roses from the garden earlier and told me they were for you. He said you asked him for some so you could give them to your crush."

"Oh..." Yunho realizes what this is about. So San picked some roses from their garden for Wooyoung, but lied and said they were fro Yunho. "Right." He nods. "I did give them to her, but I don't think she likes me like that." He goes along with the lie.

"Aww, don't give up. You're still young."

"Yeah, I guess so." Yunho nods.

"I finished washing the dishes." San walks out of the kitchen.

"Thank you, honey." His mom smiles at him. "Did Yunho tell you about the roses he gave to the girl?"

"The what?" San asks, confused, but then realizes what she means. "Oh, yeah." He nods, turning to look at Yunho and giving him an apologetic look.

-

"Grandma, you look tired. Just get some rest, okay? I'll go heat up some food." Wooyoung tells her.

His grandma just nods and he goes downstairs to the kitchen.

When he gets there, he checks the fridge and realizes there's nothing cooked. There's nothing he can heat up and his mother didn't even come home to sleep. She probably had lots of work to do.

Wooyoung sighs and decides to try and cook. He and his grandma need to eat something... especially his grandma. She needs to eat in order to take her medication. It looks like she's been getting better these past few days, so she can't miss any meals.

Wooyoung takes a pot out and tries to copy what he's seen his mom do when she cooks. But he's startled when he hears a loud noise come from upstairs.

"Grandma?" He starts going up the stairs. "Did you wake up already?" He opens the door to her room and rushes towards her when he sees her on the floor. "Grandma! Grandma, what's wrong? Grandma, no! Please don't die!" He starts sobbing as he sees his grandma on the floor. He tries shaking her, not wanting her to die. He quickly reaches for his phone and calls an ambulance.

-

"What do you mean she's dead?" Wooyoung repeatedly shakes his head. "No! She was fine this morning!"

"Woo, she was very ill." His mom sighs. "There wasn't anything anyone could do anymore." Tears roll down her cheeks.

"No! This is all my fault." He nods. "I left her alone. It's my fault! She's dead because of me! If I wouldn't have left her, I could've given her her medication on time! Or I could've called the ambulance sooner! This is all my fault, mom!" Wooyoung sobs. "It's all my fault!"

"No it's not. Don't say that." She shakes her head. "I should be the one blaming myself for leaving you alone with her, Woo. I left you with a big responsibility. I'm so sorry, honey."

-

San waits by Wooyoung's locker. He does want to keep talking to him, but he doesn't want his friendship with Yunho to be affected in a bad way, so he wants the three of them to be good friends.

He wanted to ask Wooyoung if he'd be okay with being friends with Yunho as well. He had already talked to Yunho about it and he said it was okay with him.

So San waits by Wooyoung's locker. He hasn't seen him in a few days and he also hasn't gone to his house to pick roses from his garden, which San finds really strange.

San keeps waiting, but even after years, Wooyoung doesn't show up.

-

But even after years passed by, San still wrote on his laptop... waiting for Wooyoung to come back.

It's been a year since I last saw Wooyoung.
I'm really worried. All I heard was that he moved away, but I'm not sure why.
I just wish I would've been able to say goodbye.

Will I ever see him again?

San (13)

It's been two years since Wooyoung left.
Do you think he remembers me?
We only talked a few times, but I remember
him always.
I just hope he's doing okay.

San (14)

Wooyoung left exactly three years ago.
And yes, I'm still writing about him.
I don't know how, but he somehow has such a special place in my heart... even now.
I met him at such a young age and had
a crush on him, so I thought those feelings
would go away, but if I'm being honest...
I still think about him every day.

San (15)

I'm starting to lose hope. At this point I don't think I'll ever see him again. It's been four years since I last saw him.
I've changed a lot and I'm sure he has too.
I think it's time for me to stop writing about him...

San (16)

I somehow ended up writing about him again. As years pass by, I end up remembering him every once in a while.
But I will say that I've been thinking about him way less than before lately.
The only reason I wrote here was because of my crush on Wooyoung.
But how can I continue having a crush on someone I'll never see again?

So goodbye, Wooyoung.

San (17)