Fourteen

"What?! Seriously?!" Yeosang scoffs. "I can't believe Yunho would do that!"

"Yeah..." San sighs and looks down. "So he won't be sitting with us at lunch for a while, I guess. If he does, then I'll go sit somewhere else."

"And we'll follow you." Jongho tells him. "You know how much we hate bullies. That's clearly what he was starting to be."

"Sorry about that." San frowns. "It's my fault."

"No, why do you say that?" Yeosang shakes his head. "How was this your fault? Don't say that."

"Now I realize how much I'd talk about Wooyoung. It must've been so annoying."

"You didn't annoy us." Jongho tells him. "But it was different for Yunho since he liked you, so I can't say that same for him."

"I know." San nods. "And that's why I feel worse. I hate that I couldn't realize he liked me. I hate that I was so oblivious."

"Still... don't blame yourself. He could've just confessed instead of being a total jerk."

"But let's stop talking about him, okay?" Jongho smiles. "I heard Wooyoung stood up for you."

"He what?" Yeosang asks, surprised. "Wow, really?"

"Yeah." San just nods. "I don't know how I should feel. Should I be happy that my crush is finally noticing me or should I be sad that I might have lost my best friend? Why is life so complicated?" He sighs. "Why can't I just have both?"

"Sannie, don't worry, okay? If Yunho really is your best friend, he'll end up apologizing and stop acting like a jerk. But for now, I think it's best that you stay away from him for a bit." Yeosang tells him.

"Yeosang's right. Giving each other time is probably the best option. If you forgive him right away, he might do it again."

"Right." San nods and looks up to see Wooyoung walking towards them.

Wooyoung reaches their table and sits down next to San. "Hello, I'm Jung Wooyoung." He smiles at Yeosang and Jongho. "I think we had met before." He tells Jongho.

Jongho pretends he doesn't remember. "Really? I don't remember."

"A few years ago, I was San's friend. When we were going to talk, I accidentally dropped my textbook on the floor and you got mad."

"Oh... right." He chuckles. "But that's in the past... right? I'm Jongho and this is Yeosang."

"Nice to see you again." Wooyoung smiles. "I don't know if San told you, but we're friends again."

"What? Really?" Jongho and Yeosang give each other a look.

"Yeah, so I hope I can be your friend too." He tells them.

"Of course." Jongho nods.

Wooyoung sees that San didn't get food, so he gives him his food tray. "There... eat."

San looks down at the food, a little surprised that Wooyoung would even care. "It's okay. I'm not hungry." He gives it back to him.

"Come on, you have to eat." Wooyoung insists and puts his tray in front of San again. "I'll go get more food, so eat this, okay?"

"Okay." San just nods and Wooyoung stands up to get more food.

Just as Wooyoung leaves, San sees the boys who bother Wooyoung, walking over to them. "What do they want?" San mumbles.

"Huh?" Yeosang looks up at San, but before he can say anything, they're already here.

"So now you're friends with that loser?" Seonghwa chuckles and crosses his arms over his chest. "Why exactly?"

"What do you want?" San rolls his eyes. "Can you just leave us alone already?"

"No... why should I?" He rolls his eyes and Yeosang looks up at him, getting lost in his thoughts.

"We'll do whatever we want. We're Wooyoung's cousins, so stay out of it." Hongjoong tells him.

"His cousins?" San asks, confused.

"I don't know who you are, but it clearly looks like you two are nothing but trouble. Leave us alone." Jongho glares at them.

"What are you going to do?" Seonghwa smirks.

"You wouldn't want to mess with me."

"Okay okay, fine. I'm so scared." He says sarcastically. "We have good reasons to treat him this way. So now that you're friends with him, I'd recommend you to stay out of it." He looks around at them and finally notices Yeosang.

When he sees him staring at him already, he smirks. Yeosang immediately looks down at his food and pretends he wasn't staring at him, hoping he didn't notice.

"Well, you should be." Jongho nods.

"Alright... you want to continue being friends with him? Fine." Seonghwa rolls his eyes before walking away and Hongjoong follows him.

"Wow, how annoying." San rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

"They're Wooyoung's cousins?" Jongho asks him. 

"Well, that's what they said, but I don't know." San shrugs. "They're always bothering him."

"But why?"

"I don't know."

"And why are you being so quiet?" Jongho asks Yeosang.

"No reason." Yeosang shakes his head. "I was just... eating."

Yeosang looks up from his food tray and sees Seonghwa from across the cafeteria. Seonghwa rests his chin on his hand and smirks at him before turning to talk to his friends.

double update <3 and it looks like there will be something going on between seonghwa and yeosang 👀