Thirty-Seven

"I wanted to talk to you about that, but there's also something else I have to tell you." Hongjoong looks down as Wooyoung gives him a confused look.

"What is it?"

"I really want to apologize to you for everything. I hadn't apologized since I didn't want my apology to be forced... but now, I can really say I mean it when I say I'm really sorry, Wooyoung. I don't know why I used to blame you so much and treat you that way. I regret it so much and I also regret the way I treated grandma." His eyes start to water. "Which is why I took it out on you, so I'm sorry."

"Joong, it's ok-"

"No, it's not okay." He shakes his head. "You're just too nice." He sighs. "I didn't go visit my grandma because I hated how much attention she gave to you. I hated feeling like she only cared about you and not me... But now that I think about it, I think I was just seeing things. She loved all of us and I hate how badly I treated her when she was alive." He looks down. "You were the one that was mostly there for her. So was Seonghwa, but I turned him against you. I'm sorry."

"I forgive you, Hongjoong." Wooyoung takes his hands. "I can tell you're genuinely sorry, so I forgive you."

"Thank you, Wooyoung." He cries. "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." He starts sobbing and Wooyoung pulls him in for a hug and pats his back.

"It's okay, it's okay."

-

As soon as Yeosang gets to Seonghwa's house, he knocks on the door. After almost two minutes of knocking on the door, the door finally opens and Yeosang assumes that's Seonghwa's mom.

"Hello, ma'am." Yeosang bows politely. "I'm Seonghwa's friend, Kang Yeosang." He tells her and she looks at him up and down with a disgusted look on her face.

"What are you doing here?"

"Seonghwa wasn't answering the texts me and my friends sent him, so we were worried about him. Is he okay?" Yeosang tries to see the inside of the house, hoping Seonghwa's there somewhere.

"He's fine. Now go back to school or I'll have to call your mom and tell her you skipped." She's about to close the door, but Seonghwa stops her and opens the door the full way.

"Don't worry, Yeosang. I'm okay." He gives him a small smile. "I was just not feeling too well."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, but would you like to come in?"

Yeosang's not sure of what to say since Seonghwa's mom keeps glaring at him and he starts feeling uncomfortable.

"Come in." Seonghwa takes his arm and leads him towards the staircase.

"Seonghwa, can I talk to you for a second?" His mom asks him and Seonghwa turns to Yeosang.

"My room is the second door to the right. I'll be right there, okay?" He asks him and Yeosang nods before going upstairs to Seonghwa's room.

"You know your life would be ruined if you told him or anyone else about what you heard... right?" She asks him and Seonghwa stays quiet. "You're smart... I'm sure you'll make the right choice."

-

"Why do you look so down?" San frowns when he sees Wooyoung keeps sighing.

"I'm worried about Seonghwa." He answers. "I'm happy Hongjoong finally apologized to me, but I'm worried that something might be wrong with Hwa." He sighs. "He looked so happy yesterday, so I think whatever happened, happened when he got home."

"But what if it's not serious?"

"Hongjoong said he heard him crying when he called him yesterday." Wooyoung sighs yet agin. "I think it could be serious."

"Why don't you wait until tomorrow? Maybe he'll go to school and explain everything." San tells him. "Yeosang went to talk to him and hasn't called us, so I'm sure Seonghwa opened the door and they're talking now."

"You're right." Wooyoung nods. "But if he doesn't show up at school tomorrow, I'm going to have to go to his house."

-

"Is everything okay?" Yeosang asks Seonghwa when he sees him lost in his thoughts.

"Yeah." He nods. "If you want, we can watch a movie or something." Seonghwa tells him, trying to change the subject.

"Okay." Yeosang nods. He wants to believe Seonghwa when he tells him he's okay, but for some reason he can't.

Ever since Seonghwa heard what his mom said last night, he hasn't been able to sleep and he hasn't eaten. Seonghwa is trying to stay as strong as he can since he doesn't want Yeosang to worry about him. What he heard isn't something he can tell him about, so it's best if he acts like everything's fine.

He doesn't know who to talk to, which is worse. This is really serious and he knows he should talk to someone about it, but for some reason, he can't. It's just so hard to believe and so hard to tell someone about.

He wishes this was all just a nightmare he could wake up from.

"Hwa... you know I'm here for you, right? I'm your boyfriend and if you want to talk to me about your worries, you can. I'll listen."

"It's something really serious." Seonghwa looks down and quickly wipes his tears away as soon as they roll down his cheeks.

"How serious?" Yeosang asks, worriedly.

"I can't say, but it's something really serious and I don't know what to do, Yeo." He starts sobbing and Yeosang pulls him in for a hug and pats his back.

"It's okay, it's okay. You don't have to tell me." Yeosang tells him. "But if it's something that could hurt someone else, you should tell someone about it. Please don't just keep it to yourself."