Twelve

"Can you stop bothering me already?!" Wooyoung yells at Seonghwa and Hongjoong, his cousins. "I blame myself every fucking day! Why are you two so obsessed with making my life a living hell when it already is?!"

"Because..." Seonghwa gets closer to him. "We want to make sure you know that you don't deserve to be happy. It's your fault grandma's gone! So how dare you and your mom keep the house and inherit everything?! She's dead because of you!"

"You thought your life was already a living hell?" Hongjoong smirks. "This is nothing. You've seen nothing yet." He pushes him, making him fall to the ground.

"If it wasn't for you and your obsession for roses, none of this would've happened!" Seonghwa yells at him.

"Sh-she was already sick." Wooyoung cries. "It couldn't have been prevented either way!"

"Are you sure about that? Because she clearly died due to an allergic reaction she had to roses! You lived with her! How didn't you know she was allergic to roses, you stupid idiot!" Seonghwa kicks him repeatedly.

"Hey! Stop!" San rushes to Wooyoung's side. "Leave him alone!"

"Stay out of it!" Seonghwa pushes him aside, making San fall to the ground. "Wow... you really can't defend yourself, can you?" He shakes his head and smirks at Wooyoung. "Or maybe it's because you know I'm right. It was all your fault."

"He clearly won't fight back since he knows we're right." Hongjoong tells him.

"What are you even talking about?" San looks up at them with an annoyed look, before standing up. "Why are you two doing this?"

"How is this your business? This is between us and Wooyoung."

"Who is he, Woo?" Seonghwa wraps an arm over Wooyoung's shoulder. "A boyfriend of yours? Have you told him what happened a few years ago?"

"Stop." Wooyoung pushes him away.

"Well... he'll find out some day anyway." He rolls his eyes, then looks at San. "I suggest you stop wasting your time on this idiot. I don't think anyone could love him after what he did." Seonghwa pushes past Wooyoung and Hongjoong follows him.

San just looks at them in disbelief as they walk away. He has no idea what's going on, but he doesn't think anything could be so bad to the point that he'd deserve to be treated like this.

"Are you okay?" San asks Wooyoung, but he just rolls his eyes.

"Why couldn't you just stay out of it?" He scoffs. "I deserve to be treated like that. You don't know what I did in the past, okay? So stay out of it and leave me alone already!" He picks his backpack up from the ground and walks away.

"I was just trying to help." San mumbles. "Why is he so damn rude?" He shakes his head and rolls his eyes. As he's about to walk away, he's stopped by Yunho. "Oh, hey Yun-"

"Why can't you just leave him alone?!" Yunho yells at him as he grabs his arm and pulls him towards a bench.

"Oww! Yunho, you're hurting me!" San tries pulling away from his grip.

"Stop trying to act like a superhero. He doesn't like you! I can't believe that even after all these years, you still like him! Wooyoung this Wooyoung that! I'm so fucking tired of this!"

"Yunho!" San pulls away from his grip. "What's gotten into you?!" He looks at him in disbelief. "I was just trying to help, but why are you being like this? You had never talked to me like that before!"

"Maybe because I'm tired of him, San! Even after all these years that you didn't see him, he's all you'd think and talk about! Don't you think I'm tired of it?!"

"Oh, you're tired of it? I'm not forcing you to stay, Yunho. If you're so tired of what or who I talk about, then maybe we shouldn't be friends anymore." San crosses his arms over his chest.

"Are you seriously choosing him over me?! Over someone who ignores you and treats you like shit?!"

"And what are you doing right now, Yunho?! You're not being nice to me..."

"I can't believe this." Yunho shakes his head and scoffs. "I can't believe all our arguments are over him! You've been complaining over how much he's changed, yet you're still always trying to get his attention!"

"Well... it looks like he's wasn't the only one who changed." San looks at Yunho with a disappointed look on his face. "You changed too." He looks at him for a few seconds before walking past him.

"San..." Yunho turns around, starting to follow him. "I-I didn't mean to talk to you like that." He sighs and San stops walking. "I know I'm not being a good best friend right now, but I'm just worried, okay? You've liked him since we were kids and now he's back but he's not being nice to you. I'm just worried that he'll end up hurting you if you end up falling for him even more. Is it a bad thing for your best friend to be worried?"

"Well... no."

"I know I could've talked to you in a nicer way, so I'm sorry." He sighs. "I'm just... as your best friend, I admit I've been a little jealous. You'd always leave me for him and-"

"Yunho, you know I'd choose you over him anytime." San gives him a small smile. "A best friend and a crush are two different things, okay? Also... who said I still liked that jerk anymore? It was a childhood crush." He lies. "Now that he came back and is a jerk, you seriously think I'd still like him? Gross."

A/N: thoughts so far?