Twenty-Five

"How are your therapy sessions going?" Wooyoung's mom asks him.

"They're going great. Of course it'll take a while for me to fully be better and not blame myself, but I have so much hope." He smiles.

"That's great, honey. I'm glad you agreed to try and get help." She pulls him in for a hug. "Just be patient and keep going to those therapy sessions. They'll help you."

"I will." He nods. "I... I also wanted to tell you something, mom."

"What is it?"

"I want to start working at the flower shop again."

"But why? Didn't that just make your hate and fear for flowers even worse last time? Are you sure, honey?"

"Maybe not right now, but soon." He clarifies. "I don't think I'll ever get over my fear or hatred for roses if I don't do it."

"Only if you're ready, sweetie. But take your time."

"I will, I promise." He nods and smiles.

"But may I ask why you've been so happy lately? I'm not complaining at all, I was just wondering." She smiles at him.

"Oh..." Wooyoung feels his face heat up.

"Is it because of that boy from the other day...? San?"

"Is that so obvious?"

"Kind of? A little?" She raises an eyebrow. "No, actually... a lot. It's really obvious."

"Mom..." He blushes. "Well yeah, he's been one of the reasons I've been so happy lately. One of the biggest reasons, actually."

"What are the other reasons?"

"Remember that rose necklace that got sent to me a few years ago?" He asks and she nods. "I found it in my drawer the other day along with the note... It just made me happy to know that someone out there doesn't blame me." He smiles. "I'm aware that it's someone from our family since they knew I'd feel guilty, but I still have no idea who it can be." He sighs. "Who do you think it is, mom?"

"I'm not sure, sweetie." She thinks for a while. "But I haven't seen you wearing it. Maybe if you wore it, you could find out?"

"How?"

"I don't know... maybe if you wore it and saw the person who gave it to you, they'd be surprised to see you wearing it and you'd notice? I don't know. Just try."

"You're right. I'll wear it to school tomorrow." He stands up. "Goodnight, mom." He's about to walk away, but she stops him.

"Woo..."

"Yeah?" He turns around.

"If you like San, ask him out. Don't wait too much. Too many years have already been wasted because we moved away."

"You're right, mom." Wooyoung's smile widens, knowing he has his moms full support. "Thank you, mom."

-

The next day came and Wooyoung was sitting with San and his friends in the cafeteria. He had been trying to ask him out on a date all day, but wanted both of them to be alone.

He didn't have the courage to ask him out while his friends were here, but none of them would leave San alone and he didn't have a chance to ask him out.

Instead, he was acting all nervous and shy around San, which was clearly not like him at all.

"Wooyoung, are you sick or something? Why is your face so red?" Jongho asks him as he takes a bite from his cookie.

"Jongho, you can't just ask that." Yeosang elbows him.

"What? What did I do wrong? Is he not sick?"

"Idiot." Yunho playfully rolls his eyes and smiles.

"What? What did I do wrong?" He asks, confused.

"I see you're wearing the pretty rose necklace." Yeosang tells Wooyoung, changing the subject.

"Yeah... my mom told me that maybe I'd be able to find out who sent it to me if I wore it."

"Oh... I hope you find the person soon." He gives him a small smile, then looks around the cafeteria, looking for Seonghwa. He finally sees him at the table he usually sits at. He's sitting with Hongjoong and his other friends. "I'll be right back." Yeosang tells them before standing up and starting to walk towards Seonghwa's table.

He wants to try and convince him to tell Wooyoung he was the one who sent him the necklace. He doesn't want him and Wooyoung to be on bad terms anymore.

But before he can reach Seonghwa's table, he's stopped by a girl from his math class. "Oh, hey Yeosang." She smiles at him.

"Oh, hey Yena." He smiles back at her.

"I've been wanting to ask you for a favor. Could you please help me out?" She pouts.

"Sure. What is it?"

"I've seen you're close to Park Seonghwa... Is there any way you could maybe... I don't know... give him my number or introduce us to each other?"

"Oh." Yeosang's smile fades. "Yeah, sure." He quickly smiles again.

"Really? Wow, Yeosang, you're the best." She smiles at him. "Here's my number, okay? Please let me know what he says." She hands him a piece of paper.

"Okay, I will." He nods.

"Thank you! Bye." She walks away from him.

Yeosang was going to walk over to Seonghwa, but ends up turning around and going back to the table his friends are sitting at.

-

"Hey San, can we talk?" Wooyoung asks San once he catches up to him after school.

"Oh, hey Woo." San smiles at him. "Sure... what is it?"

"I've been meaning to ask you something since earlier." Wooyoung says nervously.

"What?" San asks and waits for him to say something.

"Well, I was just wondering if-"

"San, have you seen Yunho?" Mingi rushes over to them and tries catching his breath. "Sorry... did I interrupt something? I've just been looking for Yunho everywhere and I can't find him."

"Oh... he must have already gone home. Why don't you go to his house? He might be there."

"Oh, right. I should've thought about that. I've been running around the whole school looking for him."

"But why are you looking for him?" San asks, curiously.

"Oh, just because..." He shrugs. "Well, see you later." He walks away from them and Wooyoung sighs, not really having the courage to ask San anymore.

"So... what were you going to ask me?"

"Nothing important." Wooyoung shakes his head. "Never mind."

A/N:
What are your thoughts on this story so far?