CHAPTER 8

Chapter 8. The Wrath of the Demon (Part 3)

Editor: Cherish

— Ha-ha-ha! — Tae Hyun had a bitter look on his face, his scream echoing all over the house.

‘Why did I get beaten by that jerk?’ If it was someone from the comic book world, he wouldn’t be so upset.

But now he wasn’t beaten up by a big guy, but a regular hobo.

‘Hobo of kimchi jjigae.’ Tae Hyun looked at Kang Yu with bitterness in his eyes.

Kang Yu was happy with that reaction and smiled at him.

— What? Do I look crazy reacting like that just because of kimchi jjigae?

— No… no! — Kang Yu had hit the bull’s-eye, and so Tae Hyun hurriedly took his eyes off.

Kang Yu continued with a satisfied look:

— You… you just don’t know anything—  and there’s no way he could have known.

Because he was able to live for ten thousand years because of his feelings and decisions.

Or because demons live for an unlimited amount of time.

Although they do not eat or drink, they can exist forever.

It’s possible that Kang Yu, who is now half full of Magi, could live forever.

However…

There’s still a human half of him.

He remembered, with his soul and body, what it’s like to enjoy delicious food and drinks.

But you can’t find and feel that feeling anywhere in the Nine Thousandth Circle of Hell.

Because demons are strangers to that feeling by nature.

Accordingly, he couldn’t satisfy his desires either.

He prevented himself from losing his passion and mind in every way.

For ten thousand years, maintaining a healthy mind and survival in the endless battles that were carried out by the immortal demons, was his main goal.

To exist as a man in the devil’s world was like torture.

He was never satisfied.

Thirst never went away.

Hell was felt by Hell because of the blazing pillars of fire and the vast desert surface.

He associated Hell with emptiness.

— You live in a wonderful family, but you can’t understand it, just as you can’t understand the value of the air you breathe in.

If the air disappeared, the man who couldn’t stand without air for even a minute would die. Except that no one is grateful for the air.

Regret only comes when something you are used to becomes inaccessible.

— Ex… excuse me! I was wrong! — Tae Hyun didn’t know what that guy was talking about.

But now he couldn’t have done anything better than rubbing his hands to say sorry.

— Okay, I’ll accept your apology, —  Kang Yu said and grabbed Tae Hyun by the side.

— Aah! Save me!

— Don’t worry, you won’t die.— He didn’t feel sorry for Tae Hyun, but even though he already had blood on his hands, he didn’t want to kill him.