CHAPTER 17

Chapter 17: Rank 3 (Part 1)

Editor: Cherish

A few lizardmen fell to the ground from Hellfire.

Tired of fighting with Ho Jung’s group, the Lizardmen didn’t have the strength to resist Kang Yu, so the monsters were dying one by one.

‘That’s all.’ Kang Yu glanced over the swamp covered with corpses.

Even strong people would vomit at the sight of such a spectacle, but Kang Yu was walking in the swamp like nothing had happened.

Flesh and blood scattered all over the earth was what he had grown used to seeing in Hell.

At that time in his life, he had seen much scarier landscapes every day.

That’s why he wasn’t bothered by the scenery around him — he’d gotten used to it a long time ago.

— Well, here we go.

The hundreds of bodies lying on the ground were like a banquet for Kang Yu.

‘I barely got any experience points.’ In fact, most of these monsters were killed by Ho Jung’s comrades, which was why he barely got any experience points.

If he had been a regular player, he would have probably been upset, but Kang Yu also had his own ways of raising his level, so he wasn’t discouraged.

He didn’t hurry to get to the place where most of the bodies lay.

The black smoke, as always, wrapped up the dead bodies of the Lizardmen.

Along with the horrible sound of broken bones and flesh-eating, Kang Yu’s body was being infused with the flow of Magi.

A notice came up.

[Magi raised by 1 unit]

‘Great.’ Just looking at the number of monsters, it was clear that this time he would raise his Magi by a decent number of units.

Kang Yu continued pulling energy out from the bodies while looking at the message that came up.

The number of corpses began to decrease rather quickly.

At that moment, another notice came up.

[Security Warning: You can’t use the Devourer’s Power].

— What? — A new message came up before his eyes.

He was shaking his head, looking at the notice.

‘System warning?’ He remembered hearing a phrase like this before. He’d heard it on his return from Hell to Earth.

He’d killed over a hundred monsters before, but no such message had ever come up.

— Ah… — Kang Yu remembered Ho Jung’s party. — I think they died here, too. —

He noticed Ho Jung’s body with a spear pierced through his chest laying atop the pile of bodies.

Apparently, while using the Devourer’s Power on the bodies of monsters, he’d accidentally hit Ho Jung’s body.

‘I guess the warning was about eating the Player’s body.’ Kang Yu didn’t know exactly what the system warning meant, but this message had never shown up before when he applied this Power on monsters. So his guess might have been right.

‘Then, the Devourer’s Power cannot be used on other Players.’ That was the answer to the question Kang Yu had been thinking of from the moment he first found out that each Player had a special ability. He’d wondered if the other Players’ abilities could be pulled out by the Power of the Devourer.