8. Arcade

Nishikata's POV

We entered the game zone. It was packed with people who were playing games. I had a plan going on in my mind. I will challenge Takagi in a hammer jackpot game. Takagi, you don't know, but after all this teasing, you have actually made me stronger. My push ups have boosted my strength a lot. She will surely not be able to beat me this time.

I got us each a power play card to spend in the games. So, I directly went to the hammer jackpot. When I was in front of it I told Takagi, "Let's have a contest. The rules are simple. The one who scores lower have to do anything the winner says to do."

"Ok" she said "But I will go first."

"Ok, I guess."

She swiped her card on the swiper below the hammer and instantly, light started flashing violently. She picked up the hammer and hit the jack. The light shot up and crossed a hundred then stopped at 50.

"So, you scored a 150. It is my turn now."

I picked up the hammer and grasped it tightly. After all this time, I am finally so close to beating Takagi. I hurled the hammer up. I had set my target and ready to hit it with all my power. Just as I started to push the hammer down, Takagi suddenly said, "Oh, Nishikata, if you win, I will say who my real crush is."

That-made-my-day. Don't take it seriously. I said it sarcastically. It actually made my day worse. When I heard what Takagi said, I felt dazed and powerless. My hand became numb, I hit the side of the jack at full force, and the hammer ended up on my leg. I was jumping holding my left leg when I saw my score. I had managed to score 140 with this. I was still jumping while Takagi was laughing at me. When the pain had somewhat subsided and I stopped jumping, Takagi said, "Looks like I win again."

"Sure, you win." I was annoyed. All the push ups became useless now. I continued, "So, what's my punishment?"

"Let's see..." She observed the whole area until her eyes stopped at the place which was my favourite.

She said, "Let's ride the bumper cars."

"Ok, if that's a punishment." I waved that off innocently. We moved towards the bumper cars. There were some people already riding it and some were waiting. We had to wait for the chance.

When I entered the arena, I handed my card to the service personnel and said, "Two cars please"

Suddenly Takagi said, "ugh Nishikata" she turned to the staff and said, "we will need only one"

"What! But Why?"

"C'mon Nishikata...it costs 90 yen for a single five minute ride. I think we should not waste money like that. Besides, there is no problem in sitting together" She gave me the teasing smile and said, "Or is there?"

I turned red and said, "No there isn't" I turned to the staff "One please"

After I got my card back, I chose a car and sat down. Takagi sat next to me. She was so close. They make these cars so small that the shoulders of me and Takagi were bumping against each other. I blushed lightly and stared towards my foot, when I noticed the accelerator. Surely, the accelerator was on my foot and the steering to Takagi. We have to work together to make this thing move.

(A/N: Before proceeding further, let me give you a background. Firstly, I am basically describing the game centre of our city, Timezone. They use card and all.

Secondly, some details about the car. It has very surreal controls which are hard to master. There are no brakes, only an accelerator. The steering wheel works as a steering wheel when rotated lightly. But when rotated to extremities, it actually works as a gear shifter, making the car move backwards. I do not know if there are any other types of controls in bumper cars, but this is how I basically drove my first car though...

Below is a video of it...if you want to see, you can.)

"Takagi" I said. She faced me, "You will control the steering while I control the gas."

"Sure" she gave me a smile, which also made me blush.

The staff member told us to fasten our seatbelts which we followed. Then, the real rampage began. I pressed the gas paddle to full throttle while Takagi skilfully controlled the steering. I did not know that she was so good at the wheels. We bumped into a car, which made me feel a gut in my stomach. Then again and again and again and again. Then suddenly, Takagi fully rotated the steering rightwards. These made the car suddenly go backwards, tilting right. This sudden jerk made Takagi loose balance and fall on my lap. When her head was on my lap, I could feel her gentle hand on my legs. This feeling was so subtle. I indeed liked Takagi's presence, I realize that now.

She abruptly got up and took the steering again. Without looking at me, she said, "Sorry." Her face was hidden with her hair. When I tried to see her face, suddenly the 5 minute alarm sounded and all the cars stopped.

We got out of the car and were now standing in front of the basketball game. Takagi turned towards me and said, "Want to try?"

"Sure" I said.

The game was simple. We had to throw the balls into the baskets. We took two booths. The person who scores the most wins. So we began.

At first, it seemed easy. But then, I realized that Takagi's was as better as me. She was throwing the ball fast straight into the basket. Till I started to see her, out score was 13-15. Yeah, I was winning. But then, suddenly, I felt to look only at Takagi. She was so cute while throwing balls. Then suddenly, I screamed, "WAI WHAT?!" Everyone started at me in awe. I was so embarrassed that I kept on throwing the balls to the basket, aimlessly. When the alarm sounded, I saw that my score was 20 while, Takagi's score was 42. I was staring at the scoreboard with awe. But, 5 balls had managed to go to the basket without me aiming. That impressed me a bit. Takagi had unwillingly mad me lose...or was it my psychology... Never mind.

She flipped her finger on my face to get me out of my trance. Then, she gave her signature teasing smile and said, "Looks like I win again."

"Of course you do."

"So, let's eat something now. Don't worry, there is always next time." And so, we headed towards the food court...still wondering what wonderful yet embarrassing surprises await me there.

So this is it for this chapter. sorry for the late update. after the exams, i have become quite lazy. 

I need some suggestions about how long should I make this story. i wish to end the story right after the confession.. suggest me how many chapters i should write....

Till then...

Stories_with_arka