26. Tragedy

The man again glared at me and said, "Let's have some fun, girl."

He came towards me and I screamed at the top of my voice, "HELP!!!!"

I crawled backwards while he kept moving forwards, slowly gaining pace. I was crying and screaming at the top of my voice. But there was no one to hear me. I suddenly got up and started to run away from him towards the road. I was running at my top speed while he was tailing me.

I had almost reached the road when I tripped on a stone and fell on my face. I made myself sit on the grass, facing the man. My legs were paining. I had messed my hair up and covered with dirt now. The man just stopped in front of me and wiped the sweat on his forehead. He said, "Done with running, sweetheart? Now let's do what we should."

I joined my hands and pleaded, "Please let me go. You can take all my money if you want, but please let me go. Please don't do this!"

"I did not catch you to let go, sweetheart. And I cannot take the money only, because, you can offer more than that."

He grinned evilly at me and then picked me up on his shoulder. I kept punching his shoulder but he was too strong. I continued my screaming, but still no luck.

He dropped me at the base of the kiss tree, and then said while grinning, "Let's begin"

"NOO, PLEEEAAASSSSEEE!!!"

He got above me and slowly brought his lips closer to me. He had already locked my hands and was moving. I closed my eyes. At that moment, I only hoped that a miracle saved me somehow.

And, it came.

I suddenly felt the weight of the man move away from me. I opened my eyes. On my right side, I saw Nishikata fighting with the cab driver. Wait, NISHIKATA?! But he should have left. A thousand questions raced through my head until I saw that man punch Nishikata.

He fell down on the ground, swirling. I ran to him and said, "NISHIKATA, ARE YOU OKAY?"

His nose was bleeding, but he opened his eyes, got on his feet again and said, "Takagi, run away. I will manage this man."

"But Nishi—"

"JUST GO!"

Nishikata went towards the man with his fist aimed for the man. The man dodged and grabbed his hand, but Nishikata had something else on his sleeve. He used his head and banged it on the man's head. The man screamed in pain and fell on the ground. But, I could feel Nishikata was hurt too. He sat on the man and kept on punching him. After several punches, he was knocked out.

Nishikata was panting, sitting on top of him. I ran to him and pulled him away from the man. I pulled him near the tree and stood there, facing him and holding his hands. His was trying his best to not to make eye contact. Then, I said with an angry voice, "NISHIKATA, WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU PLANNING TO DO? WHY WERE YOU PLANNING TO DO SOMETHING SO STUPID? I THOUGHT THAT YOU HAD LEFT FOR LONDON ALREADY. WAIT, HOW DID YOU EVEN COMEBACK???"

"Takagi, it's just..." he was still not making eye contact.

"LOOK AT MY EYE, IDIOT"

He made eye contact, hesitantly. I said, "Now say what you have to"

"It's just that Mitsuo proposed you, and you even accepted him that made me sad. I cannot see anyone with you. So I planned all this."

"I never accepted him. But, what does it have to do with you? Wait, is it..." I gave him my teasing smile, after such a long time.

But surprisingly, he did not blush. Rather, he gave a small smile and said, "Takagi, I wanted to tell you this from the day Mitsuo proposed you. I had realized everything on that day. But I never got a chance as I misunderstood you. I sincerely apologize for it though. I know everything now. So, I want to tell something to you now. Rie Takagi, I want to tell you that, I lo—"

(A/N This is the background music. play it while reading.)

He was never able to finish what he was about to say, as he was hit by a log that broke into two after hitting his head. He was staring at me, devastated as blood gushed out from his head and he slowly fell down. Behind him, the cab driver was standing with the broken log in his hand. He was smiling evilly, and with his blood stained face, he looked like a devil."

I was too shocked to move. Nishikata was about to confess but this guy ruined it all. He raised the broken log to hit Nishikata again when suddenly a deafening crackling sound filled the air and the man fell down, screaming in pain and holding his right hand, behind the man, a police officer was standing with a gun in his hand, which still had smoke coming out. He had shot the man with his gun. Behind him, all the others were there, in addition to Mitsuo and some others.

I slowly turned my head towards Nishikata. What I saw, I surely wanted to cry and cry. Below, near my feet, Nishikata was lying unconscious, with blood gushing out.

But, I need to stay strong. I kneeled down and tied the wound on Nishikata's head with my handkerchief. I picked my phone from the foot of the tree and sat beside Nishikata, gently stroking his hand.

After five minutes, the ambulance arrives. Nishikata was carried inside. I sat beside him on while Kimura said to others, "Nakai, you take Mano and inform Nishikata's Mom about the incident. She will need some support now as Nishikata's father is out of station. Takao and Hamaguchi, you can go home for now. We will call you if we need you. Mitsuo, follow me."

Kimura and Mitsuo got into the ambulance and we started our journey towards the hospital. The people in the ambulance installed an oxygen mask on Nishikata's face and properly bandaged Nishikata's wound. We were halfway to the hospital when Nishikata opened his eyes weakly. When he saw me, he gripped my hands tighter and said, "Please...stay...beside...me."

I nodded, holding his hand up. He smiled and fainted again.

*

When we arrived at the hospital, he was taken to the emergency room. We waited in the lobby when I said to Mitsuo and Kimura, "How did Nishikata return?"

"It's a long story Takagi. I will tell you after we get some news about Nishikata." Mitsuo said. He was sad.

At that moment, the doctor arrived. He pulled out his mask and said, "Are you Nishikata's family?"

"No, we are his friends" Kimura said.

"HOW is he?" I said with a concerned look.

"I am happy to inform you that he is out of danger. He will regain consciousness soon. We had to perform a small surgery to prevent any internal bleeding in his brain. He will be fine, do not worry. You can meet him if you want."

The doctor gave me a warm smile and left. We all gave a sigh of relief.

Only one person could meet Nishikata at a time. Kimura and Mitsuo told me to go first. So I entered Nishikata's cabin. He was lying on the bed with a bandage over his head. I got near him and seated on a chair. Then, I grabbed his hand and kissed it lightly. Soon, Nishikata opened his eyes slowly. He turned his head slowly to face me. I smiled widely at him and said, "Nishikata, you are finally awake!"

Instead of smiling, his face had a confused look, and then he said, "So my name is Nishikata? Who are you?"

siosonoze was Nishikata's return so much predictable?

Thanks for the 4.8 K views!!!

Till then

Stories_with_arka