23. Good bye

Takagi's POV

I immediately got dressed after waking up. It was a really bad dream. I have a gut feeling that it is the truth. I have to confront Nishikata or else it might be too late.

I hopped down the stairs and went to the kitchen to see my mom. When I met her, I said, "Mom, I need to go to Nishikata now. I had a bad dream about him and I have a gut feeling that the dream might come true if I do not hurry."

"OK" She said, "Take care of yourself. Don't make it too hard for you or Nishikata. And, you could always turn to me for help." She gave me a warm smile and I nodded happily. She is the most trustworthy and kind person in my life, after my grandmother. I had taken the right decision to tell her about the mess between me and Nishikata I had caused.

I grabbed a piece of bread and jogged to the door. When I was on the streets, I sprinted towards Nishikata's home.

*

When I reached at the door of Nishikata's house, I was panting and sweating heavily. I banged his door. Soon, his mother opened the door. She was looking normal, but when she saw me, her face changed to that of annoyance. I said while breathing heavily, "Ma'am, can I see Nishikata, please? I really need to see him. Please do not say me that he has left."

Nishikata's Mother sighed but I noticed that she had a slight frown on her face. She said, "Why would he leave? He is having a class upstairs. Should I give him some message?"

"No, I want to meet him. Please, it's really important." I begged her.

She stood her ground and said, "I said that Nishikata is having a class. If it's really important, I can send a message. It is really not possible to meet him right now."

I said, "NO, I want to meet him," and made myself in the hard way. But she grabbed my hand and said, "Hey, stop. This is my house and I won't let anyone in. Nishikata is having an important inter—, I mean class upstairs. He has specifically told me not to disturb him."

"Then I will just wait."

She sighed and said, "Please leave; he will be busy whole day. He cannot meet you."

"But please—"

"What's happening here?" Nishikata said.

When he saw me with her mother holding me, his face paled. He said, "What are you doing here?

"NISHIKATA!"

I got myself free of her hand, ran to Nishikata and hugged him tightly. I said, "Thank god that you have not left."

I pulled out and saw that he was blushing. And I said, "You are blushing". I laughed slightly, wiping the tears.

He stuttered, "Why won't I blush if a girl suddenly hugs me? Now, I have a class to attend. Please excuse me"

"Nishikata, what about your health? And, I need to tell some—"

"Its fine, see you tomorrow."

He ran away to his room. I turned to his mother and said, "Sorry for intruding. I must leave now" I left Nishikata's house and walked towards my home. I need to plan something for Nishikata. And above all, I need to tell him the truth.

Nishikata's POV

I ran to my bed and lay down. I was crying now. Why did Takagi need to come now and ruin the mood I had till then? Why was she acting as if she knew I was changing school and moving away? Thank goodness she hugged me. I was able to explain my stuttering and act somewhat normal because of that. And, I really needed one last hug from Takagi.