11. Moving on

Mitsuo's POV

Rejection is indeed hard to handle. After all these girls I rejected, I found the perfect girl for me. Yet, she was already booked.

Last night, I had planned all of it. I planned to propose her on the first day of school. I prepared those poetic lines from Google. I asked my mom to reserve the best rose for me from her garden. I even asked the peon of our school to keep the roof unlocked. All for one, Takagi.

When she said yes at first, my happiness knew no bounds. I was so happy that I just wanted to hug and kiss her. But that lasted only a few seconds, till the loud bang of the door closing was heard. I ignored it, but Takagi was about to leave. So, I held her hand and said, ""Let's finish what we had started."

That is when she told me that she already had a crush who she thinks has heard her say yes to me. She said that she did not want to hurt me so she said yes. She would have followed it by but I already have a crush, so I cannot. My heart sank. When she was running, I told her, "Takagi, thanks for telling me the truth. Go get the person of your heart. And... If you need any help, I will always be there for you."

She left, leaving me alone in the roof. I stared at the sky gloomily. It felt like I have nothing left to live with. I wonder what I should do next. After 10 minutes of joylessly staring at the sky, I came down, to start differently. Life is a journey. I won't stop until it's over. I have to move on...

Takagi's POV

His last message said, "Leave me alone..."

I cried and cried and cried, god knows for how long. I think I dozed off while crying. I woke up the next day, with heavy eyes. When I looked at myself in the mirror, there were dark tear marks. The teasing master Takagi-san has teased herself, so badly. But, I was still teasing master, and I need to look like that. So, I put some makeup on and hid every mark on my face.

*

I left home and started walking towards school. When I arrived at the intersection, I waited for Nishikata. But, after several minutes of waiting, there was no trace of Nishikata. I thought that probably, he has already left for school without me.

When I reached the school, there was still no sigh of Nishikata. The school began as usual, but without Nishikata. I felt incomplete in this class. Without him, it was so boring. It was Nishikata, who made every day of my life special. I was still angry at myself.

At the recess, I met wanted to talk to Nishikata's friends. So, I found them near the cafeteria, gossiping. When they saw me coming, they straightened themselves up. I asked them, "Do you people know what happened to Nishikata."

They nodded their heads in no. Hamaguchi said, "N-No, w-we do not-t k-know."

"Why are you stammering?"

"u-Ugh"

"Oh, it's nothing, it's because Houjou is visible from here." Kimura said and pointed towards Houjou behind me. I sighed and said ok. I left them.

I found Sumire and started talking to her.

"I think Nishikata tried to propose me last day."

"Evident from his behaviour back then."

"But now, I am clueless about what to do."

"I think you should visit him today. I don't think he would be able to stay mad at you if you mange to comfort and NOT TEASE HIM."

"Hmm" I sighed "Maybe you are right..."

Kimura's POV

"Guys, Nishikata called me yesterday." I told Hamaguchi, Takao and Nakai. I told them the exact things Nishikata has told me. When they heard it, they started at me wide eyed. We were discussing what was going to happen to Nishikata when Takagi arrived. She was asking me about Nishikata. I lied to her that we do not know anything.

In reality, we do. When Takagi left, defeated, I turned to my friends and sighed. "Nishikata is surely heartbroken. He would not have done such a thing if he was not."

"Who wouldn't be? After more than one and a half year, he finally realized his feelings for Takagi. But when he was about to propose Takagi, he found that another guy had already proposed her. I do not even understand why she still wants Nishikata. She said yes to that guy. Is he only a laughing stock to her?" Hamaguchi said as he clenched his fist.

"Do not tell anything about Nishikata to Takagi. He does not want to bother her anymore. Let's meet in Nishikata's house this evening to finalize his plans. Let's hope that he has a happy life afterwards." I said as I moved towards my class.

*

Well all met at Nishikata's house. He had already made some preparations. When we knocked the door, his mother opened it. She looked kind of sad. I think she was not able to accept this sudden change. We went straight to his room. He was sitting on his desk with his heads down. I got to his back and put my hand on his shoulder. He turned his head around and smiled. I asked, "Are you sure about this?"

He nodded yes and said, "What else I have left to do. This place only reminds me of Takagi. The time I spent with her, the times she teased me, helped me and even made romantic gestures. After all that, she is now someone else's girl. She can never be mine now. I was only a friend to her... A friend who loved to be teased by her. The painful thing is, I now not only love her teases, but love her as well. I cannot live with seeing her roaming with someone else. I need to move on"

"But, there are chances that they breakup."

"Love only comes once. Her love came for that guy. I was never in that spot..."

I can see that he had tears in his eyes. He got up from his chair and said, "Thank you all for giving me such wonderful times. Thanks. I will never forget you. You will always remain in my heart."

We all hugged him and silently cried. I never realized how close I have become to him. At that moment, all the times spent with Nishikata were flying by my vision. The time we studied together, the time I saw her in the candy store with Takagi and left him alone, The time we laughed together, helped each other, and finally, the time I guided Nishikata to Takagi. I only wished that I was somehow able to diminish his pain..."

What did Nishikata plan to do? How will it affect their lives? Will Nishikata and Takagi ever be together? Wait for the next part to find out.

So, how is the story till now? Do you guys like it. Let me know in the comments. 

Till then

Stories_with_arka