12. Escape

Takagi's POV

After school, I headed towards Nishikata's house. Before that, I had tried calling Nishikata, but it would just make a beep sound and disconnect. I think Nishikata blocked me. In fact, I cannot see his dp in the messenger. So, I need to confront him and need to tell him the truth. If he does something stupid for just a misunderstanding, I would never be able to forgive myself.

After a few minutes of walking, I was standing in front of Nishikata's house. It was dusk and sky was orange. The sun was setting and soon, it would be night. The crows and other birds were making their way to their homes. Silently, the wind blew to the west, taking the small pollen grains from the flowers, to start a new life. Why am I feeling that Nishikata is doing the same? He is letting the wind take himself to wherever he is destined to go and start a new life? I hope I am wrong.

I ring the bell hesitantly. I had to wait for a couple of minutes before Nishikata's mother opened the door. Her eyes were puffy and her cheeks were black, probably from...tears? When she saw me, she became somewhat annoyed. Why? What did I do now? I did not even tease Nishikata today. I slowly asked her, "Is Nishikata home?"

She sighed and said, " Nishikata is in the middle of maths lesson from his teacher. Should I send him a message?"

"Oh no ma'am. I was just worried if he was well. He left school early yesterday and dropped today as well."

"Oh, that's nothing. He has a mild fever and so he will miss a couple of classes. Would you like to wait for him?"

If he was spacing out, his mother would never ask me to wait. I think he is really sick and needs rest. So it's better to leave him alone now. I will eventually meet him after a few days. So I smiled and said, "No ma'am, it's okay. Tell him that I came and give him my best wishes."

I left his house and walked towards my house. Nishikata is indeed in love with me. Surely, he has freaked out so much after seeing me with another guy that he caused himself a fever. I should break his misunderstanding after he arrives at school. Although, why did he block me?

Kimura's POV

I was leaning against the wall beside the window of Nishikata's room. Takao saw Takagi arriving from the window. So Nishikata called his mom to explain her that she has to lie to Takagi, and make sure that she is unable to meet him. When the bell rang, Nishikata's mother slowly went to the door. After a few minutes, we heard the door close and I came to the wall like agent Vinod. I peeked through the window and saw Takagi leave. I sighed in relief. My friends were frustrated about this situation already. Nishikata's mother arrived in the room and hugged Nishikata tightly. She whispered to his ear, which was still audible, "Dear, is it really necessary to leave everything behind for just a girl?"

He sighed and broke free from the hug and said, "Mom, this place will always remind me of Takagi. I need to leave this place in order to live my life. If I stay here, I will always wonder about her and fell empty from inside. Transferring to London will help me excel in my studies as well as keep me away from distraction. Don't worry, I will be Ok in my uncle's house there. He is really loving and caring. I know he will treat me like his own son."

"Well, hope you know what you are doing." She said this and left, sobbing silently.

"Nishikata" I said "Think about it once more."

"I have already thought about it multiple times. It's my decision and I know it is for the best."

"Very well, when is your flight?"

"Today is Tuesday. My flight is on Friday night."

"We will come tomorrow again. For now, we have to head home."

Nishikata's POV

No one knows except me what I am going through. I have to leave everything behind in order to escape the fact that Takagi cannot be mine. After they left, I lay down in my bed and stared at the photo of Takagi in my phone. It felt so lovely only seeing her in my phone. After staring at it for some minutes, I put the phone in my chest and sobbed. All the times I spent with Takagi were going through my mind like a slide show. I met her in my class. I was late because I had to return a handkerchief. Then, she started teasing me. After some time, I realized that I did not hate her teasing. It became an inevitable part of my life. I was so embarrassed, yet, I enjoyed those time with my heart. Then comes the time when she wanted me to choose her swim suit. It never crossed my mind that out of all the people in this stupid world, why would she want me to look at her half naked and choose the dress for her. I also remember to choose between her disappearance and her teasing. Of course, I chose to be teased, because it was better than spending time without her. I also remember when she first came to my home. When she said that I really liked 100% unrequited love, I mistook it for liking her. Then slowly, she started making romantic gestures towards me. She would always imply what she wanted, but I would never understand her.

Though, I finally managed to make a step forward, it was the summer festival. I asked her out and even held her hand. Then the sleep over and the mall. Then finally when I was able to realize my feelings for her, someone else proposed her. I think that she had given up on me long before. She was sure that I would never make a move. So she accepted that guy. I am totally pissed right now. I think I will never be able to even talk to her normally. So much changed in these few days. But for one last time, I will visit every place I have memories with Takagi. Only if I was a little bit fast and little bits less of a dope head, my life could have been different. But, I will surely let her know about my feelings...but in another way. I would write the best moments I have spent with her after I met her in a letter. After that, I will write a short note to her, confessing my feelings to her, and also congratulating for her new life without me, and bidding goodbye. I do not have the courage to talk to her now, so apparently this is the best I can do. After writing, I will hand it to Kimura and make him deliver it to Takagi, only after I have left.

So, I got up, got a stack of paper from my drawer, a pen from the pen stand and started writing. One day, this will become the memory of my presence for Takagi.

So, i realized i am a bit rushing into things. so i have decided to write a few oneshots from the past. it will contain spoilers from the original anime but i will add something extra to it. the next few chapters will be memories. these chapters may be short as they are oneshots. This will be basically what Nishikata writes in his letter. hope this is good.

1.4K reads!!! I cannot believe. Thanks everybody for this. i am waiting to see more.

Till then

Stories_with_arka