25. Regret

This a bonus chapter...Enjoy.

Takagi:-Nishikata, what do you choose between my sudden disappearance or getting teased forever?

Nishikata: Huh, what do you mean by sudden disappearance?

Takagi: - Just going and suddenly pooh.

Nishikata: - uhh....I.... (Blushed) I will choose the teasing"

(A/N Please forgive me if the dialogues are wrong. i did not find this scene on YouTube and i did not have the patience to search all the episodes. its just the way i remember the scene.)

Takagi's POV

Suddenly, his decision crossed my mind. He chose my teasing over me disappearing forever. But, I should have told him that I would choose him over the chance of teasing him forever. If I did, he would not leave now. He would have communicated me and resolved this. I find myself only to blame.

When the Japan to London flight said, "Departured", I ran inside to talk to the lady in the nearest desk. I asked her if there was a person named Nishikata inside the Japan to London flight. She checked her records and said yes. My throat was becoming parched slowly. I then pleaded her and said, "Please, please stop the flight. That person is not meant to leave. He is making a mistake and I need to stop him. Please!" I was tearing up until I finished.

She had a sorry look on her face, but, she said, "I am really sorry, but, the flight cannot be aborted now unless there is a critical emergency. You see, there is the flight at the end of the runway. I do not have the power to stop it. I sincerely apologize."

I ran to the nearest window showing the runway. There was the flight of JAL waiting at the end of the runway. A few seconds later, it started to move and within a few seconds, it was soaring above us. It was disappearing slowly, and finally, its blinking lights also disappeared in into the distant clouds, taking my hopes with it. I cried, "NISHIKATA!"

From the back, I heard Nakai say, "Mano, please help her. I can't take this anymore." His voice was broken. He was also crying, actually everyone was crying."

Soon, I felt a warm hand behind me. I turned around to see it was Mano, smiling warmly at me. I got on my feet and hugged her tightly, crying on her shoulder. She said, "Shhh, it's okay. Cry all you want, because it will help the grief inside you to escape."

"But....it's all my fault."

"Please don't blame yourself Takagi, it's no one's fault. I heard everything from Nakai at the entrance. I know that you just wanted to proceed with the rejection smoothly, but coincidentally Nishikata arrived there and left without hearing everything. Let's wait until he gets down the flight, then we can call him and tell him the truth."

I got out of the grasp of Mano and said, "RIGHT! We can call him!""

Kimura came forward and said, "Before you assume anything, you should read this"

He handed me a his mobile with a text message showing on the screen that said,

Kimura

I am sending this to you because you should know it now. My flight leaves in an hour. After sending you this, I will be switching off my phone. I want to tell you that I will be changing numbers after I reach London. My mother also doesn't know about it. Please do not reveal it to her. I have already texted her that this number will be useless after I reach London and I will call her after I reach there from a separate number. Only my father knows. He has been angry with me for a while now because I am doing so many things only for a girl, so he has already left for Tokyo to work. Soon, my mother will also go there. Please do not try to contact me, as Takagi can read minds very well and she will come to know about it. Nevertheless, please tell her to stay away from my mother, because she is too angry with her. And, I am really sorry for doing this awful thing. I know I am being selfish and coward, but, I cannot take the pain of seeing someone else with Takagi.

Hope we meet again someday.

Nishikata"

My hands were shivering as I finished reading. Then Kimura said, "We had just finished reading this when you called. We didn't get a chance to tell this to you until now."

I handed him the phone back and cried silently, staring at the ground. I clenched my fists and said, "Can you people get me a cab"

Hamaguchi and Takao went to search for a cab while Mano, Nakai and Kimura stayed.

*

Half an hour has already passed from the time the flight left. He is now closer to London than 30 minutes ago. We were sitting on chairs outside the airport, waiting for Hamaguchi and Takao. Mano was comforting me all this time. Suddenly Kimura said, "Takagi... somewhat... it is our fault as well. We shouldn't have let Nishikata leave. We should not have believed what he said and investigated the matter further. Please... forgive us."

"It's over, Kimura, it's already over. No need to regret now. Thanks for at least staying beside me at a situation like this."

At that moment, Takao and Hamaguchi arrived saying, " you should just book a cab from your mobile, why are we running around searching for a cab without any luck?"

"Only if you would have made your brain run faster than you legs..." Kimura said and sighed. Then he got his phone out and started to tap it. When he finished, he said, "A cab is coming. I booked an Uber for you."

After 5 minutes, a cab came in and I got in and closed the door. Then I said, "Let me spend some time alone. I will call you when I am done." They nodded and soon the cab drove off.

*

I got down at the nearest road to our secret location... the kiss tree. After I paid the driver, I slowly walked towards the kiss tree. When I reached there, I played the same song I had played when I first arrived here.

I was silently crying, remembering the time I teased him by pretending to kiss him. I wonder, what would have happened if I really kissed him back then. I think, if I did, it wouldn't have caused all this mess. But, it's all over now. I was sitting there, for over 15 minutes now. It seemed the most pleasant place I could be now.

I was in the middle of my thoughts when suddenly, a hand pulled me. At that moment, I really hoped that it was Nishikata. But to my horror, it wasn't. Rather, it was the cab driver from before. He was glaring at me and then got a look at my whole body.

I was terrified. I tried to get out of his grasp and run away, but he was too strong. He dragged me to the open grassed and pushed me on the ground. At that moment, my phone rang, but, he got it out of my hand and threw it near the tree. I wasn't able to see who called. The phone kept ringing and then, went silent. Then, the man again glared at me and said, "Let's have some fun, girl."

He came towards me and I screamed at the top of my voice, "HELP!!!!"

I don't know about anyone but i felt a lot of emotions while editing it. 

The next chapter....it will be the climax of the story. do not forget to view it. But i have to write it first though.

also, i am now changing the story a bit than what i thought before, making it a little bit longer and adding some more tragedy.

Till then

Stories_with_arka