Chapter 8

"What?"

Minji widened her eyes as soon as she heard what happened after Sam had met Jia at the café.

"Jungkook did that?" She asked while foolishly smiling at Jia who was frowning at her amused reaction. It was as if Minji was getting enlightened with some deep meaning behind Jungkook washing Jia's hands.

"Yeah..I mean—"

"God!! I am so proud! You finally have an admirer!!" She shrieked attracting attention from the nearby tables.

"Hey..hey...calm your horses down. There is absolutely no admirer here. And you are talking about Jungkook washing my hands. What about Sam kissing them?" Jia asked her as she waved her hands at me dismissively.

"My sixth sense of match making is telling me that this Jungkook guy is way more than he lets you see. And as for Sam, I am pretty sure he did it out of excitement. You know the 'heat of the moment'."

She said as she air quoted them.

"Yeah...maybe."

"You seem upset about that. Do you like Sam?" She asked as she sipped on the smoothie making the typical slurp sound.

"No. Honestly speaking, I haven't given it much thought. I am so busy preparing for the end of year gala that all that comes to my mind are piano notes."

Jia huffed as slumped back on the chair. Minji giggled at me.

"I swear! Even now I can see piano notes dancing around you." She motioned with my fingers making her break into a loud laughter.

"Jia...you are truly the bestest friend I could ever get. Thanks for being with me."

She said as she suddenly became teary eyed. While having zero social skills, Minji had always been grateful to almighty that she had been blessed with a friend like Jia. Why would someone work in their leisure time to help a friend?

But Jia's ideals were different. She was different.

"Ok...so...you are going to play the guitar?"
Taehyung asked as he looked from between the guitar and Jia and then back to the guitar that was being held by Minji.

Minji had decided to come cheer for Jia on her first musical night. She was a great fan of her best friend and she was in no way going to miss the opening show. And also because Jia had to borrow her guitar. So she decided to stay and watch her play.

"Yeah.." Jia awkwardly rubbed her nape as she peered at Minji who was grinning at her. She didn't understand quite why Minji was so excited about her performance. And Jia lowkey had a feeling that she was gonna fuck up her first ever performance in front of a live audience and the café would have to suffer because apparently people were better off without being traumatised by her terrible guitar strumming.

"Aww...come on! Don't make that face! Jia....you are going to do great ! I am sure about it! Just..just switch to the musician mode and then boom!" Minji blabbered as she held Jia by her shoulders.

"Well...it seems Jia has quite a fan following in her academy. There are so many boys booking the tables to watch her performance and girls as well." Jisoo winked at Jia who blushed at that.

"What...oh no." Jia nervously looked around to see few familiar faces of her batch mates and some juniors. Jisoo is very right.

"Jia...just relax. Breath in. Breath out." Minji said as she pushed Jia towards the small podium that Jimin and Taehyung had set up for her.

To say that Jia was nervous was the understatement of the century. She was shaking from inside. She had this slightest feeling that she was going to forget how to play the guitar once she faces the crowd. She wanted nothing but people to have a great time while they were at the café. And this was the least she could do to contribute in order to boost the sales of the café although they didn't require it.

"Don't worry. You will do great."

She looked beside her to see Jin leaning down to her height as he smiled at her. He was the person who felt the most like her brother Jae. She exhaled as she nodded at him and smiled as she made her way to the spotlight.

                       _______________

I hope your day went well. Stay safe.
Love you all💜

~PDG.