Chapter 13

"How is your practise going?" Jisoo jumped in front of Jia making the latter stumble back in surprise.

"What practice?" She asked as she wiped down the table and placed the used plates from the table to her free hand and walked towards the kitchen.

"Your gala practice. Duh." Jisoo rolled her eyes as she waddled behind her while wrapping her arms around her waist. Jia couldn't help but giggle. It had been a week since the incident of the flowers and she had been skeptical as to what happened to that bouquet. None of them have raised a question about it and she wanted it to stay that way.

Jisoo had been the most clingy older sister to her since then. And she followed her everywhere. Literally to the toilet as well. Jimin and Taehyung had to hold her back sometimes. Jisoo was much more protective than Jungkook. Jia sighed as the said guy's face popped in her mind.

He had been the exact same as Jisoo. Jin had to give him more work than he usually gave him to keep that guy occupied so that he won't keep hugging me and kissing me on the cheek like he had been doing lately. Jia couldn't refuse him. He looked adorable to her by the way he would bloom into a full bunny smile after he would press a kiss on her cheek.

He had been staying inside the the café most of the times but now it had been a couple of days Jia had last seen him. She dried her hands in the washcloth hanging on the front of her apron as she turned to Jisoo.

"Where is JK?" She asked Jisoo who raised her eyebrows at her.

"He is out for some work. I guess." She mumbled the last part making Jia peer up at her in confusion.

"Hey...do you know where the first aid is?"

Both of them turned to look at a guy who had a bruise on his face while he looked at each of us. Jisoo scampered to him as she hugged him tightly leaving Jia to watch.

"HOBI!! What the hell! What is all this?" She shrieked as she held his hands.

"I would have never wanted to meet you like this Jisoo, but I need the first aid kit. Jungkookie is injured."

Jia looked at him flabbergastedly before racing to the locker room to find the guys all standing around the room while Jin was crouching near an exhausted Jungkook who had his head lowered. She gasped softly when she saw what a mess he was in. Bloody knuckles and a bruised forearm and torso. His shirt was discarded on the floor as Jin checked around his body to see where all he required to be attended.

Purple and red marks spotted his body as he heaved everytime Jin would press his finger gently on a spot.

"This is the reason I told you not to mess with people you have no business with. If they were after you then you should have left without making much ruckus." Jin scolded while Hoseok handed him the ointment.

"They talked nonsense about you." He muttered while hissing.

"Then you should have let them talk! Why would you go and pick a fight with them!?" Jin exclaimed in a loud voice as he threw the ointment inside the box.

"This is the last time I am telling you Jeon Jungkook. You will not fight with anyone. You won't put yourself in danger for my sake." He warned him.

"You want me to just stand and look at their shitty faces then?" He asked.

"I don't care what they say. They just talk. There is no action. This is just going to attract attention to us. Is that what you want?" He asked as he leaned down to look at him.

Jungkook gave out a frustrated grunt as he reluctantly shook his head.

"Good. That's what I thought." Jin stood up as he faced the others before exiting the room.

"I swear I didn't expect to meet you guys like this after so long. But, oh well." Hoseok said as he sat down beside Jungkook.

"Please treat my wounds too. I got hurt because of Jungkookie." He whined making the others let out a sigh as they bickered who would treat whom. Jisoo walked up to Jungkook who had kept his head down the whole way.

"Jia..would you help me please?"

Jia nodded at her as she walked to her timidly, kneeling down infront of Hoseok. She could see Jungkook looking at her from the corner of her eyes but she couldn't gather enough courage to look at him the same way. All the while Jisoo treated Jungkook, she had kept her eyes on the bruise on Hoseok's cheek as he small talked to her.

"Yoongi Hyung has been talking about you so much. That old man used to scold me everytime I used to call him but now everytime I call him he does nothing but talk about you." He sighed.

"He feels a special connect to you. You know, music." He said as Jia nodded at him.

"All done. I hope it's not paining a lot." She said as she looked at Hoseok who just smiled at her before ruffling her hair.

"Thanks Jia. I will go see what the others are doing." He said before standing up and leaving.

Jia sighed heavily before collecting the used cottons in an old newspaper. The shutting of the door attracted her attention as she turned towards the door to see Jungkook standing there staring at her. The expression on his face was unreadable. She couldn't decide if he was angry, tired or something else.

"Do you want something?" She asked as she stood up with the box and walked a bit closer to him.

He just stared at her before humming in response. His plastered hand came up to hold the handle of the box that was in her hand as he took it and placed it on the side table. His other hand went to her head as he pulled her in gently before wrapping his other hand around her lower back.

Jia just stood their with her arms up contemplating her actions while Jungkook softly caressed her head while nuzzling his nose in the crook of her neck. His hot breath that hit her there made her shiver. She wrapped her arms around him as he tightened his hold on her while relaxing a bit.

"You scared me." She said in a whisper before gulping down a lump in her throat. Her eyes were dewy as she reminisced how wounded he was when she had entered the room.

"I am sorry." He replied with zero hesitation while taking a deep breath, cherishing the beautiful scent that she emanated.

"Please don't fight again." She requested in a small voice which came muffled into his shirt as she hid her face in his shoulder.

"I won't I promise." He said as he kissed her head.

"Have you eaten something?" She asked as she pulled back to look at him. He cutely shook his head.

"Then lets go eat."

                                           •