Chapter 35

Six hours since she had been sitting in the patio stairs in front of the closed café.

Six hours since she had been quietly waiting for one of them to turn up.

Six hours since she had been clutching on that red box she had so lovingly selected for him.

Her eyes started filling up with those stupid tears as she opened the box to stare at the solitaire ring she had got for him. The lines she had practiced in front of the mirror all seemed like a joke to her now. This was the bitter truth of her life. No one was going to stay with her for long.

They were all going to abandon her eventually. She wasn't someone worth their love. She wasn't worth anything that was meant to stay forever. She was damaged. Just like her mom used to tell her. She wasn't fond of her mother but she showed up in her clear mind from those abandoned parts of her memory at the worst of her time.

"I will go buy us coffee. Why don't you go back to the hostel?" Minji rubbed her arms as she nodded at her mutely. Minji had stayed with Jia the whole time. She knew that her friend was a mess right now. And her heart didn't let her stay alone. She wasn't supposed to be alone right now.

With her heart broken into a million pieces, the faces of those eight people flashed in her mind making her remember of all those fond memories as she made her way back to where she had come from in the morning.

"That was so good!" Jisoo jumped on her as she kissed her cheek.

"Keep up little sis." Namjoon's single dimple peeking at her as he winked at her.

"Like it? You crushed it! It was brilliant!!" Yoongi smiling his one of a kind gummy smile as he hugged her close to him.

"By the way....the name is Kim Taehyung. Come let me take you to the others." That brown haired boy whose boxy smile made her heart melt everytime.

"No you are not..." Jin's fake intimidation had made her cower a bit when she had been amazed at how he used to read her mind.

"Why didn't you tell us before cutie?" Jimin's pout as he hugged her while trying to make her exhaustion go.

"You are the only one that can control sloth Yoongi, I swear!" Hobi running around to escape Yoongi's wrath.

"I love you so much."

"Liar." Her mouth formed the word even before she could stop it. Her eyes blinked away the tears that made their way down from their forlorn shells.

"I can't take you off my mind. You seemed to have taken over me completely." His eyes that formed perfect Bambi doe eyes as they looked at her up close.

"Liar."

"You are precious to us."

"LIARS! Fucking Liars." She roared out as she sweeped out her vanity making everything fall on the floor. Her feet staggered as she looked around. Their photos were everywhere. Things that reminded her of them. She went around as she pulled them all down and threw them on the floor. Broken photo frames, croton plants and the JK succulent was completely battered as they fell on the clothes she had piled up lifelessly. Her hand went up to find the photo frame she had placed along with her family picture of the nine of them together on that one club night, the same pic she had seen in Jisoo's journal.

The frame was already a bit cracked but she held it firmly before banging it on the floor repeatedly making it completely limp. Her cries rang in the room as she tried to stop herself from wheezing. Her body had become so hot that her sweat was getting mixed with her tears.

Her eyes went around to see the chaos her room was in. The same way her life was. A complete mess. She stood up as she ripped the bed sheet on which she had slept with him. Her palms stinging at the contact but it wasn't stronger than the emotional pain she was in. She threw it on the pile on the floor while crying and sitting down. It was all coming back. Something she wanted to never happen. Her loved ones leaving her. But it happened anyways.

"Jia!" Minji raced into the room to see her sitting on the floor with a bloody hand with a shattered photo frame staining her clothes with her blood.

"This isn't supposed to happen." She whispered as she held her head close to her and cried with her. She was far from realising how shaken Jia was.

"They left." Jia said in between her cries.

"He left."

                                          •