Chapter 17

"Good evening to you all. Today we have got a wonderful violin player and singer and my friend, Kim Sam with us. I hope you would enjoy the evening." Jia said as she adjusted her mic and starting strumming her guitar.

Almost is never enough.

A song that she had decided to sing tonight. She had thought of her relation with Jungkook for a couple of days. They had nothing concrete. It was like a fling situation. And she hated having to name it that. When she talked to Minji about Sam, she couldn't shake the feeling of him being upset. It was a wonder to her how the first thought that came to her mind when she had thought of Sam liking her was that she couldn't lead him on. Because now she was sure whom she loved.

I'd like to say we gave it a try
I'd like to blame it all on life
Maybe we just weren't right,
But that's a lie, that's a lie

She looked up from her guitar to see Jungkook standing there as he watched her sing. And she didn't feel like breaking their eye contact.

And we can deny it as much as we want
But in time our feelings will show
'Cause sooner or later
We'll wonder why we gave up
The truth is everyone knows
Almost, almost is never enough
So close to being in love

Her eyes closed as she felt the virtual feeling of his lips on her cheeks making her smile. Those little gestures of his that she loved.

If I would have known that you wanted me
The way I wanted you
Then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart
But right here in each others arms
Here we almost, we almost knew what love was
But almost is never enough

Sam picked up from there as he sang to which she just symphonised from behind.

If I could change the world overnight
There'd be no such thing as goodbye
You'll be standing right where you were
And we'd get the chance we deserve oh
Try to deny it as much as you want
But in time our feelings will show
'Cause sooner or later
We'll wonder why we gave up
Truth is everyone knows

She joined Sam making him look over at her as he turned his entire body towards her. Her eyes stayed on him for a bit before they looked in front to look at Jungkook who was biting his lip while looking at her.

Almost, almost is never enough (Is never enough, babe)
We were so close to being in love (So close)
If I would have known that you wanted me, the way I wanted you, babe
Then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart
But right here in each others arms
And we almost, we almost knew what love was
But almost is never enough

The song ended as she sang a few soft notes and looked over at Sam who was already staring at her. He clapped along with the crowd as they stood up and bowed to them. The songs that night went by but Jia couldn't see Jungkook anywhere. She looked around after the last song came to an end but she was joined only by an eager Jisoo who hugged her while praising her non stop. She just smiled at her but her mind was in the search of Jeon Jungkook.

"Jia, I will get going. Do you want me to drop you off?" Sam asked as he took Jia's fore arm making her look at him.

"No—"

"I will drop her."

Jia looked at the hand that had held onto her making Sam loose his grip. She looked up to see Jungkook holding her hand as he pulled her slightly in front of him. His hands snaked from behind to be clasped in front of her. His head came in contact with the side of her face as he kissed her earlobe making an audible smooch noise. She looked up to see Sam frowning at Jungkook's hands on her waist but he soon averted his eyes.

Jia just stared with her parted lips.
So Sam did like her.

"Sam—"

"Jia I will take my leave then. See you tomorrow." He smiled at her but his smile didn't reach his eyes. With a half hearted wave, he trudged away leaving Jia with Jungkook who was smirking internally at his victory of showing who Jia belonged to.

"Why did you do that?" He looked down to see Jia frowning at him. He raised an eyebrow at her before answering.

"I did what I did."

"Jungkook—"

"We need to talk." He said before dragging her away leaving a confused Jisoo behind.

                                          •