Chapter 14

Seeing Jia and Jungkook eating in the kitchen, Taehyung stopped a bit to intentionally eavesdrop on to what they were talking.

"Do you want some more?" Jia asked as she blew on the noodle in the chopstick she was holding before feeding it to Jungkook who sat there watching her feed him. Taehyung could see the stars in his eyes when she would blow on it, not noticing how Jungkook was busy staring at her.

"They look so good together." Taehyung jumped up in surprise at the sudden voice only to find Hobi perched up behind him as he peeked into the kitchen as well.

"I know right." He whispered back before looking inside.

"I think I can go upstairs now. I won't have to send Jia back to the hostel. She already has a companion." He said as he gave them a last look of adoration before going up to their condo with Hobi.

"Are you tired?" Jungkook asked when he saw Jia stifling a yawn as she cleaned the bowl she had used to cook him food.

"A bit. But it's ok. With the preparation of the gala, things have been hectic." She said as she placed the utensils back before turning to only stumble back. Her eyes widened to find him at such a close proximity.

"J-Jungkook.." she stuttered making him smirk a bit.

"Is that guy....what was his name? Sam. Is he practising with you as well?" He asked as his hands that were clasped in the back came forward to plant themselves on the kitchen platform on either side of her.

"Umm...w-well...I practice with him everyday. Cause he needs me to play the piano for his performance. So yeah.." she replied while making her eyes look at anywhere but the Adonis in front.

"Hmm...does he like you?" He asked while keeping his hooded eyes on her.

"I think so."

Jungkook growled in disgust when he thought about that nerd who had kissed her hand when he had seen the both of them together for the first time.

"Do you like him?"

Jia blinked at him, bemused.

Is he trying to hit on me?
Not like he wasn't before. He keeps kissing my cheek and hugging me any chance he gets. Being all soft and fluffy. Does Jungkook like me? Wait....why would he?

"Stop talking to yourself in your head." He said as he pinched her chin lightly while angling it up for him to see her face.

"It depends on what you mean by that." She answered as she waited for Jungkook to give a bit more clarification on what he meant by his question.

"Do you like him as in like him or just as a friend?" He elaborated clearly , making Jia think. She had already known that she didn't think of Sam more than as a friend. He was a batchmate that she was glad she had met. Nothing more, nothing less.

"He is just my friend. And I already have a crush on someone else." She said making Jungkook poke the inside of his cheek in wrath. Whoever the hell it was, he wanted nothing but to make that guy disappear from the face of the Earth. Permanently.

"And who is that?" He asked as he leaned in dangerously close to her making her go back.

"I can't t-tell you."

"Ohh...you will tell me."

"Jia? You—" Yoongi stopped mid sentence when he saw the two of them.

Jia pushed Jungkook off by his shoulder making sure she didn't accidentally touch his bruises. He stepped back as Yoongi walked in with an intense look on his face that said 'I know what you were doing there' .

"Yoongi! What happened?" Jia chirped making the tension disperse as Yoongi looked at her with a soft smile.

"It's getting late. Come, I will drop you at your hostel." He said as he gestured her to come.

"I will drop her." Jungkook urged as he stepped in but Yoongi went into full protective dad mode making him cower.

"You are injured and I know your body aches. Bid her good night and go straight to bed. You get that?" He asked him in a firm voice making Jungkook nod at him without any retaliation.

"Good. Jia...stay here I will go bring my coat and the we will go." He said before throwing a warning look at Jungkook and going out of there. Jia exhaled heavily releasing the breath she had been holding.

"Do you have a crush on him?" She flinched when Jungkook whispered into her ear.

"No! Good night!" She whispered back as she turned to go but he held her hand turning her back. Her other hand landed on his torso making him scrunch his eyes a bit.

"I am so sorry!" Jia exclaimed as she looked down to where her hand had touched him but he held her hand making her look at him in the eye.

"It's fine." He said in a whisper.

He leaned in to kiss her forehead making her close her eyes at the sensation. He could see her close her eyes and that small gesture made his heart flutter so fast that he wanted to keep kissing her but the knife hanging over his head in the form of Yoongi made him stop from exploring anymore.

"Good night. Have a good sleep." He said against her skin, feeling her shudder.

"Jia lets go."

Jia looked towards the exit from where Yoongi's voice called her and then looked up to look at Jungkook. His gestures lately had been sending her in a frenzy. His liking towards her wasn't that much of a task to decipher but what she wanted to know was her feelings towards him. If she didn't like him that way then it would be wrong to lead him on. But with time she found herself getting pulled towards this cute guy whose one genuine smile made her heart leap.

She tip toed while holding his head in her relatively tiny hands, her long fingers framing his face as she kissed his cheek.

"Good night to you too. And please be careful." She said before taking her bag and going. Leaving a furiously blushing Jungkook in the kitchen.