Chapter 12

"Those flowers....are from her mom?"

Namjoon asked as he looked at Jungkook who had just come back after throwing the bouquet out of anyone's sight. He didn't care if it was Jia's mom who had sent them because the recipient definitely was against accepting them.

"Thinking of it....she has never talked about her mom. She had told me about her brothers and her dad but never about her mom."

"Maybe something happened because of which she had that panic attack. Poor Jia." Jisoo sadly looked at the girl who was now napping on Jimin's lap.

"Should we tell her about the note?" Taehyung asked as he looked at Jin who had been quietly listening to everything.

"I guess she already knows who sent her those."

"Jia? Are you feeling better?"

They turned to see Jimin rubbing a now awake Jia's back as she frantically looked around.

"S-She is here. She knows where I am." She muttered as she scampered to her bag to pull out her phone.

"Jia..." Jungkook stepped towards her as she faced her back to him. Her hands shaking as she tried to hold the bag's handles but they kept slipping away.

"Fuck." She muttered under her shaky breath.

"Jia...calm down."

"N-No ..you don't know. She is just going to kill everyone who comes near me. I-I need to tell Jae.." she searched her bag as things kept falling down. Her eyes dewy as tears toppled down her face. She made no effort to wipe them away. Her conscious wasn't with her in that moment. The series of memories flashing in her brain leaving a severe migraine.

"Jin..." Jisoo tugged at Jin's sleeve. Seeing Jia being so upset wasn't making her feel good.

"Jia...that's it. Calm down. There is no one. No one is going to kill anybody. I am here to protect you." Jungkook said calmly as he captured her hands that were shaking so violently that he doubted if she was having a fit.

"J-Jungkook....she is not sane. She is—"

"I don't care. If she is insane then she will have to kill me to—"

She immediately clamped her hand on his mouth, shutting him up mid sentence.

"Don't..I won't allow anything to happen to any of you. I will—I will leave the job and maintain distance from you all then she will leave you alone. Yes. That's right. I-I am going."

She said as she grabbed her things that had scattered a bit on the floor before stuffing them into her bag.

"Jia..wait." Jisoo advanced as she tried to hold her hands but Jia weakly attempted to free herself.

"No Jisoo...please let me go." She sobbed as she yanked her hand away.

"Jia. We can think of something. Don't act on impulse." Taehyung coaxed her as she started walking out.

"No Taehyung—AHHH!" She squealed in surprise as she was lifted off the floor. The sharp shoulder blade of the male carrying her dug into her stomach as she dangled over him upside down.

"JUNGKOOK WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" She shrieked as she tried to wriggle but he held her firmly. Her hands hit his back to make him set her down but the muscle pig gave no indication that it hurt him.

"JUNGKOOK!!!"

"Shut up." He said as he put her down and gently pushed her inside the bathroom before closing it and locking it from outside.

"Kook—"

"Jungkookie she is scared." Jisoo said as she tried to open the door but Jungkook held her hands and pulled her back.

"JUNGKOOK!!! PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR!"

"She is getting agitated." Jin said as he looked at Jungkook who had a stoic expression on his face which was angled towards the foot of the door.

"I am not going to open this door unless you calm down and tell me that you won't talk about leaving." He said as he leaned a bit towards the door.

The banging from the other side of the door stopped for a moment as Jia gave a final bang on it before plopping down on the floor. Her cries for soft and audible to only her. She was scared out of her wits when she saw those chrysanthemums. Her mom's favourite flower. That woman who taught and showed her things that should never be shown to kids of her age.

Her breathing became more stable when she remembered how Jae had taught her to meditate when things troubled her. She closed her eyes and thought of all those reasons in the world that made her become better everyday. Familiar faces floated in her closed sight.

"Things can scare you only when you allow them to." Jae had said.

"I am ok. Please open the door now." She whispered audibly.

Jungkook heard her plea as he evaluated the range of how aggravated she was. Her calm voice that resounded from the other side of the door was enough for him to know that she won't talk about leaving them.

He opened the door to find her standing there with her puffy red rimmed eyes.

"I am sorry." She said but was immediately embraced by Jisoo, Taehyung and Jimin who appeared to be waiting for that damn door to open. Yoongi wrapped his hands around them all as he looked at the others. Namjoon pounced on Jimin's back making the half formed hug circle stumble a bit.

Jin dragged Jungkook who smiled a bit before hugging Yoongi with one hand and keeping his other hand on Jia's head that was now submerged within all the people who had engulfed her. Jin just looked at the small family that had so lovingly created in front of his eyes. All these people owned a piece of his heart and he would gladly give up his life for their sake.