Chapter 31

Jia bowed to the audience as they applauded for them. She was grateful that the performance had turned out to be so successful but her solo was left. And this was the time that she had been waiting for so long. All the nights she had worked on this without giving a thought to how late she had stayed awake.

Something that she had been planning since so long. Something she thought the performance she had dedicated to deserved. Her feet went up to the anchors as one of them gave her a mic and she bowed to them politely.

"Thank you to all of you for spending your time and coming to the gala which was so beautifully organised by the student council. Hands off to them. All the artists were perfect and I can tell you with a guarantee to my name that they have worked their asses off." She said making them all laugh. Her eyes went up to the side where he was sitting as she smiled before continuing.

"All of us performed music that we have learnt and heard other artists performing, such beautiful pieces, but the next and the last performance of this gala by me is a complete original and is dedicated to that special person who created it. He had been there helping me from the background, never letting anyone know that he is doing it. His importance is immense in my life. So thank you." Her eyes stayed on that particular person.

She walked up back to her piano and sat down as she fixed the mic in the small stand beside her.

The violin artists filled in the remnant of the stage as Sam stood infront of them to guide them through it.

Jia smiled as she looked out at the audience.

"Yoongi....this is for you." She said making Yoongi look up with shocked eyes.

"Me?" He whispered as he looked on both sides to see similar expressions from all of them. He was surprised because he had a the idea that she would dedicate the performance to Jungkook. Afterall they were clearly lovesick. But to hear his name being said by her made his heart beat more erratically.

[ Play the soundtrack in the panel above]

Jia lowered her hand on the piano as she pressed on the keys just like she had for so many days. Her eyes closed on their accord as she played the tune she had thought how the hell Yoongi had come up with such a beautiful piece of music and she just wanted to go grab his hand and kiss it. Her eyes looked up from the piano to fix themselves on Yoongi who had a shocked expression as he listened to the melody and realised.

Seeing her getting in the mood, Sam gestured the artists as they started playing . The music gave him goosebumps. It sounded so surreal. This music gave him that peace that he had looked for when he had pursued music. When he had sat with Jia to work in the violin notes he had been completely aghast. They only had the piano notes that Jia was already struggling to decipher and writing notes for a completely original piece was giving him the chills.

"What the fuck?" Yoongi whispered as his eyes locked in Jia playing his original piece 'I need you' , a song he had written when he was in the dilemma of leaving his home and sheltering with complete strangers to hear the tune being played with the violin made him go teary.

"Why is she doing this to me?" His voice came out in whispers as he struggled to talk with his quivering mouth. This was a dream that he had not dared to see. His music being acknowledged by people. But Jia had made it possible. A girl whom he had met just five months back had cherished his music so beautifully, someone who shouldn't have cared any less but she had acknowledged him and his talent in music writing. He found himself blessed.

"How the hell did she learn that so well?" Namjoon sniffled from beside him but Yoongi's eyes were on Jia who was engrossed in playing his music.

Jungkook just stared at how flawlessly she played the instrument. It was as if it was in her blood. Her eyes were closed but her hands played the melody effortlessly. And he was going to leave this behind. He was going to leave her behind.

When the music ended, they were all a lot of sniffling idiots who clapped for her till their hands hurt. Yoongi had no idea that she was working so hard over this. His notes that she had borrowed from him were rough notes but she had worked on it to bring up such a mesmerising performance.

"How are we going to leave her?" His words made them all cry a little more as she beamed at him but this time he raised his hand and shouted through the crowd making them all look at him in the midst of the applause.

"LOVE YOU JIA!!!"

                                        •