Chapter 2: Looking For a "Dangerous And Risky" Person

Even though no one had any idea when the heroine would appear, was Shun supposed to endure the excessive affection received from all of these beautiful men until then?

As a reminder, Shun was only interested in women. Although, he's afraid he hasn't really dated anyone before. While Shun's head was hanging between his knees, he heard the hurried voices of several, busy women.

"We don't have enough glasses."

"Bring some boxes from the warehouse."

Shun looked over toward the far side of the corridor. A maid walked out of the shabby, utilitarian door, which was a far cry from the ornate doors of Shun's room. She didn't seem to notice Shun and ran in the opposite direction quickly.

The older knight, who guarded Shun's room, had told him that there would be a dinner party or an evening party today. It would be troublesome if he went back and met the prince again.

Shun was fascinated and looked inside through the door that had been left open by the retreating maid.

"Well, there are seven ministers, thirty-eight dignitaries from the duke's family, and eighty-two other guests, so let's see..."

A short lady-in-waiting, who had a girlish face, was staring at a square cake with a knife in hand. She had black hair similar to Shun's, but her face was that of a chiseled beauty of South American origin. Looking at the ruler beside her, she seemed to be tasked with dividing the cake into slices.

"The chef will fix the guests' portions as needed, so you can cut them accordingly for the number of invited guests," a woman a little older than her spoke loudly from the side. 

In response, the knife-wielding maid turned to the cake again. The scale of the ruler showed that one side of the cake was forty centimetres long, and she needed to make nineteen slices. The troubled maid looked around for help, but everyone was too busy with their work to help her.

"...nine. Two centimetres."

"What?"

The round eyes of the maids and not only them, but also the ladies-in-waiting around them, all turned to look at him. Shun had thought he was just muttering the calculation results, but it seemed he was quite a loud.

"Well, I think it'll be just right to cut the cake into nine, two or three centimetre slices."

It couldn't be helped now. He coughed in deceitfully and told the maid who held the knife. She opened her mouth wide in surprise, but nodded when Shun reminded her.

"So, that's how it is." Why was there a prince here?

While the question mark was floating over their heads, Shun quickly made his getaway. This is the first time he had run like this since the previous year's athletic meet for teachers.

Half a day later, Shun had severe muscle pain.

What? I'm just a math nerd. Shun collapsed on his bed and let out a great sigh. He meditated on what had just happened and pushed back the bad memories. The words had just slipped out of his mouth.

He had planned on taking the fact that he was an mathematics nerd to his grave. 

Feeling a gaze on him suddenly, Shun looked up. A painting on the Bordeaux wallpaper had a large beast on it that looked like it was staring at him. Impoverished peasants on barren land gasped before the beast that threatened to trample them, and a knight in embellished armor with a butterfly design brandished his golden sword at the beast.  

Butterflies were the symbol of the country, and the old-fashioned knight in shining armor was probably a member of the Royal Knights. The silver-furred beast, which was evidently portrayed as the antagonist, had its sharp fangs out and was about to roar.